Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please

Article about: Yes...Thank You Dr.CMH....for your photo essay. As the saying goes..." a picture is worth a thousand words". Best Regards, Ed

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Wonderful items. The textile of the tunic is of outstanding quality.
    Thank you. I had not looked at it for many, many years and it is a nicely tailored thing. It came originally with a second tunic into Coleman's hands, of which I have an image somewhere. I bought it easily about twenty years ago or so. Maybe eighteen years.
    I am glad you enjoy it. That is the point, after all.
    And, we eschew and condemn the lunatic ideas upon which the SS were constructed. And it surely has patina to my eye, but what do I know? SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-06-2020 at 04:03 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please
    P
    Many

The thing was tailored of SS Trikotage and has no tailor or RZM marks, save a tag on the shoulder cord from 1935 and the RZMd buttons
    of the time.SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please

These are not my dirty fingers, either.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-06-2020 at 04:03 AM.

?

We had touched upon the lapels seen in an expertly tailored piece in a recent thread. Here, as this nice example lie flat on FB’s splendid table, the hollow of the lapel is clearly defined and retains its shape after 80-some odd years. This is an expertly tailored piece, what I assume must have been erste Garnitur, and the only tag being found on the shoulder cord is just as I have found in well-made pieces I have in my collection. Thank you, FB, for showing this to us.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    We had touched upon the lapels seen in an expertly tailored piece in a recent thread. Here, as this nice example lie flat on FB’s splendid table, the hollow of the lapel is clearly defined and retains its shape after 80-some odd years. This is an expertly tailored piece, what I assume must have been erste Garnitur, and the only tag being found on the shoulder cord is just as I have found in well-made pieces I have in my collection. Thank you, FB, for showing this to us.
    I salute your sharp eyes and keen analysis. The image does show the excellence of the tailoring, without my having sought it out.SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please

Proof that one needs many wise minds to analyze these complicated artifacts. Thanks for the thanks.
    Elsewhere, my post elicit digital banana peels and visible discomfort that I stumbled back here
    from my exile. I will exile myself next week, once more.

That somehow this tunic survived in Hagen or around Hagen Wstf granted its fate under the bombs is remarkable.
    The person must have been in service elsewhere.SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8