Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss armband thoughts?

Article about: Hi guys, came across this one and would just like your opinion on it if i decide to buy it, cheers

Default ss armband thoughts?

Hi guys, came across this one and would just like your opinion on it if i decide to buy it, cheers

ss armband thoughts?ss armband thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss armband thoughts?
    P
    Many

Nice early band for the brownshirt, not as ornate as the last one posted but I like the weave used in construction.

I would have no qualms with this one.

I'm on the fence about this one... The BEVO weave SS armbands that I've seen have all had zigzag stitching around the roundel. The texture of the weave on the examples I've seen looks a little different, too. I've also seen a different type of material used for the black stripes on the BEVO SS armbands, and the stripes are usually set slightly further back from the edge than the ones on this piece. However, I don't know as much about the non-wool SS armbands, so please wait for someone like Bob Coleman to give a definitive opinion.

Looks like a good pre RZM piece.

Dave: as this one is not BEVO you are really comparing Apples to Oranges here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, this armband is listed by the seller as an "early SS armband with BEVO swastika." Here's a larger picture of the swastika from the dealer's site:

ss armband thoughts?

This is where I defer to your judgment. I thought this was an armband attempting to replicate the BEVO look. I've seen other BEVO SS armbands and ones with applied cloth swastikas, but I haven't yet seen an example quite like this.

I had not been to his site to read that.

The bigger pic makes things clearer. This is always the limitation of this medium. In hand tells all.

I thought the swasitka looked applied and not machine woven.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here is what I'm used to seeing:

ss armband thoughts?

ss armband thoughts?

ss armband thoughts?

And one more example that I've seen:

ss armband thoughts?

ss armband thoughts?

ss armband thoughts?

My skepticism could, of course, be unfounded. I'm interested to hear what the others have to say. Has your opinion changed at all, Ade?

Simply different makers.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Simply different makers.
    Fair enough! I've learned something new today! Another classic example of what makes this forum so great!

Indeed.

Machine woven armbands can come in many forms. Do a search on the standard Kampfbinde in this format. Very different again. I have one, but no pics of the bit I want to show

We really should attempt to stamp out the use of "Bevo" to describe any kind of machine woven insignia. But we are about 30 years too late...But we should try. I seriously doubt they ever made a Kampfbinde.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast