MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS armband, thoughts please.

Article about: I’m still searching for a good quality SS armband and I have seen this one for sale. What are peoples opinions on this one please, real or fake? It looks to be genuine to me but I’d just

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Hey Sammler,

On the PL band was some good detective work. I also +1 your thoughts about the stamp.
    I would be hesitant with labelling every armband with a ribbed circle a red flag. If you check my post #10, you see all these SS brassards have the ribbed oval circle. Below is a close up of my own and the Ulrich pieces again for comparison.

Attachment 1716354
    Attachment 1716355
    Attachment 1716356
    Attachment 1716357

I do not see any obvious differences in material.
    The ribbed disc itself is not the problem, my friend! The problem is HOW it is ribbed! Note that the originals are uniformly ribbed, the fakes are sometimes wider, sometimes narrower ribbed, alternating! (First one is fake IMO!)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS armband, thoughts please.
    P
    Many

Fake fabric versus ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS armband, thoughts please.   SS armband, thoughts please.  

Which of these is fake Sammler, the bottom one?

... good fabric!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS armband, thoughts please.   SS armband, thoughts please.  

Quote by Tinhatman View Post
    Which of these is fake Sammler, the bottom one?
    The first armband at the top is fake. The other three are original. (Post #20)

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    The first armband at the top is fake. The other three are original. (Post #20)
    My goodness Sammler. You know how to make a man uneasy. You picked out the one currently owned by me.

I’m really struggling to see the difference here. You have a well trained eye Sammler. The recent kreis level armband I bought I feel like I was lucky with that one.

Quote by Vocht View Post
    My goodness Sammler. You know how to make a man uneasy. You picked out the one currently owned by me.
    Sorry, my friend! But I don't want to lie! The fabric of the white disc is the kind I've only seen on fakes! In my opinion, this is pretty clearly visible. All of my original armbands look like the ones in post #24. The silk rep fabric used for these armbands always looked the same. No matter whether it was party or SS. In my opinion, your armband is unfortunately a fake, sorry!

Quote by Tinhatman View Post
    I’m really struggling to see the difference here. You have a well trained eye Sammler. The recent kreis level armband I bought I feel like I was lucky with that one.
    Yes, the Kreis Level armband is definitely a beautiful original. Without a doubt. As stated before.

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Sorry, my friend! But I don't want to lie! The fabric of the white disc is the kind I've only seen on fakes! In my opinion, this is pretty clearly visible. All of my original armbands look like the ones in post #24. The silk rep fabric used for these armbands always looked the same. No matter whether it was party or SS. In my opinion, your armband is unfortunately a fake, sorry!
    I always appreciate your opinion and honesty Sammler. We are here to learn ! If it turns out that it is fake or I have more than reasonable doubt I will contact the person I purchased it from.
    I put it under UV light and it looks good. The inside has the cloth RZM tags removed. Why would a faker put on tags and remove them?

SS armband, thoughts please.

Reverse thinking here: can it be that the the faker of the PL brassard used some original materials from hoards found?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast