Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS armband, thoughts please.

Article about: I’m still searching for a good quality SS armband and I have seen this one for sale. What are peoples opinions on this one please, real or fake? It looks to be genuine to me but I’d just

Default SS armband, thoughts please.

I’m still searching for a good quality SS armband and I have seen this one for sale. What are peoples opinions on this one please, real or fake? It looks to be genuine to me but I’d just like clarification from others before buying please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS armband, thoughts please.   SS armband, thoughts please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS armband, thoughts please.
    P
    Many

?

Hello.
    Post pictures of the inside if possible so that colleagues can be more accurate in their judgement. From the pictures it looks like this armband is cotton. I think it must be wool.
    Wait for more opinions.
    Regards Georgi.

?

Hello, I like the ribbed roundel and swas which is standard for late 30´s piece and original imo.
    However as Georgi mentioned you see them mostly in wool. Here is mine for comparison:

That’s is fantastic condition. I don’t suppose you are interested in selling. Regarding the armband I posted, I see it’s made from cotton but I thought the early allgemeine armbands were?

?

I am not selling I'm afraid

You are correct. The early SS brassards were cotton, think 1925 - 1933.
    The 1934 - 1935 were wool with black cloth RZM tags and the later wool pieces were with paper RZM tags.
    We need to see if there is a remnant of a black cloth RZM tag on the inside. It can very well be a transitional piece.
    Fact is that the roundel is a later part and the cotton early. The stamp I cannot comment on I'm afraid.

Thanks Vocht, do you think the black bands were possibly added at a later date then and not original to the piece?

?

I say it looks well done to me. I would put a bet on a transitional piece. However, we are not collecting on bets but need to be 100% sure.
    We need to see if there are interesting clues on the inside of the piece. Let's see who shows up in this thread with any opinions on the stamp. These SS acceptance unit stamps are a minefield in themselves.

Thanks vocht I’ve asked the seller for some photos of the inside. I’ll get back to you.

Sorry, but I do not like the fabric of the disc and the ink stamping as well!

?

Below 3 random wool SS Brassard roundels recently sold by Ulric. All ribbed and all slighly oval.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast