Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)

Article about: I would greatly appreciate your opinions on this Visor! Thanks!! DMS

DMS
    ?

Default SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)

I would greatly appreciate your opinions on this Visor!
    SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)

Thanks!!
    DMS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)
    P
    Many

That is from the Virtual Grenadier site and it is the classic ca. 1938 Clemens Wagner cap with all the signal traits.
    It is a perfectly real cap and integral, I think, in all its parts.
    I own several of these. It is not cheap, but it is real. Its twin is a senior leader, i.e. Oberfuehrermuetze, which is identical except for the alu piping.
    It is hard to find the Wagner caps of this date and make with the sweat diamond, which tends to fall out.
    I got my first of these in about 1974. I still own it.
    Happy hats and good luck.
    The trick with these is to find an intact one, but this looks fine to me from the images.

Here is my first one, gotten in 1974 for about USD 500 then, which was a complete fortune and unheard of as to price.SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)

I focused on these from an early date, as the officer cap was much more difficult to find than the other ranks cap.
    I had no idea at the time of the standard versus Sonderanfertigung distinction or much of what I have since learned.
    Mollo in his vol. 1 includes a cap very similar to what I show here.SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)

The buttons holding the chin cord should be sewn, and they often have the RZM/SS stamp, as well.
    Yours has a slight patina, but that's nothing terribly wrong in my view.
    It was used. Many one finds were unused, which bothers some. I just aspire that the thing be real and fairly intact.
    The matte finish badges were ideally for the grey cap, versus the neusilber, bright finish you see here.

I am far psyched out by changed badges. The souvenir hunter zoomed in on these cap badges and then discarded the cap in some cases.
    The Virtual Grenadier person has the top flight SS things at the moment. There are items there I would also buy, but I have passed the
    high water mark with tunics, at least for now. There are some very impressive items there, to be sure.

I had a similar query as to the couple of these that Weitze has, one of which was ex the Maederer collection.
    Weitze's are less expensive, and the items are in a lesser state than the Virtual Grenadier items.SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)

DMS
    ?

Thank you kind Sir! Yes this was from Mike's site. I just made a purchase from him actually. The price is high especially for having some damage but I need a couple more to display with my tunics.... and I love them of course as well!

A friend of mine offered me one the other day which I will post as well. Have you seen the SS Black Generals Visor on his site? I liked the looks of it and would like to get your opinion on it as well! I have one nice one but I could use another one.

Thanks Again!!

DMS

Of course, that I receive a query about these caps for sale in 2018 is proof positive that the SS market has croaked and I am the stooge owner of
    a lot of useless wool and a fool for having bought it versus a "bitcoin," whatever the latter is.

Quote by DMS View Post
    Thank you kind Sir! Yes this was from Mike's site. I just made a purchase from him actually. The price is high especially for having some damage but I need a couple more to display with my tunics.... and I love them of course as well!

A friend of mine offered me one the other day which I will post as well. Have you seen the SS Black Generals Visor on his site? I liked the looks of it and would like to get your opinion on it as well! I have one nice one but I could use another one.

Thanks Again!!

DMS

The Oberfuehrermuetze on the Virtual Grenadier site is entirely correct. Shea has one like it, actually, in his collection.
    I posted images of these items a while ago when they appeared. They are surely not for the faint of heart as concerns price,
    but they are authentic and you cannot go to the swap meet today and find them for USD 25.

Good luck and happy collecting.SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)

The two caps are more or less the end of the line of their type, made in 1938-9 or so. And still for sale at the end of 1940 in the catalog of the Kleiderkasse SS.SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)SS Black Officers Visor (what do you think?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast