MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Boat hat ???

Article about: Posted in the classified section , SS boat hat . Looks fake to me , a new member with two posts and a 3000\\$ hat for sale . Smells fishy to me . Please check it out .

SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???
    Quote by CBH View Post
    The tag and the white interior put me off .
    I disagree with your statement that your not an Expert , if your not , who is .
    Thanks for taking the time to look .
    Thank you. I do not really collect Waffen SS things. I had some in my far away youth.

These things turned up, and I bought them and then I sold them all too hastily.

I should have bought Apple stock with the proceeds, but I did not do that either.

I had no idea at the time (1972) of the eventual value or demand or whatever.

Thanks for your solidarity and all the best.

There are people who specialize in great depth in uniforms more or less after 1939.

I am fixated more or less on 1932 until about 1939 or so, though the black uniform was worn after 1939.

We do have a lot of good pictorial resources here from various people.

The Shea Beaver book has a lot of clear images of Schiffchen of various types.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Boat hat ???
    P
    Many

SS Boat hat ???Apropos of lining and such, these caps did well come in a silver grey rayon lining of the epoch. It might seem too light to some, but it is correct.

Photo: Maederer.

I think Igor is only selling, I don't know for the hat, but the collar of the jacket is not so SS, it must be round at the point.

Virtual Grenadier
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I do not know about Igor, but this person, Kramer, has a real item for sale on this site.

SS 2nd pattern Allgemeine cap used by Waffen-SS Panzer forces - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

SS Boat hat ???I do not want to say something further about a person whom I do not know, but Mr. Kramer here has been a very solid citizen.

I have expressed myself about the item which my friend in Nova Scotia brought to our attention.

All part of the rolling of the rock up the hill each day, and its rolling back down the hill quickly thereafter.

SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???The global commons is clogged with fake SS stuff like some benighted digital toilet. It is boring and absurd.

We waste far too much time fussing about fakes, without enough command emphasis on real items and their salient features so a novice
    collector can help him or herself to wrestle with the task without the ludicrous step of turning again and again to us to do their work for them.

My statement does not pertain to my colleagues on this site, by the way.

It does pertain to the hundreds who briefly use our time to their ends without their own energy in the matter.

SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???If he is watching, he must be very amused.

The item that this thread is about has been put on hold until Ade is able to have a look.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The item that this thread is about has been put on hold until Ade is able to have a look.
    Ralph.
    Well done. In the meantime, if you are torn between the I--r tem (and I mean the person no harm) and the Wm. Kramer one, then the way ahead should
    be pretty clear, indeed. The I--r person may likely have no idea his things are junk, or he is, by contrast, the pusher of such junk.

I have no idea. I do not care. I want to learn more about nice things, and to do so without being insulted every hour.

Thanks to the moderators for all their hard, hard work for the benefit of us all.

They have the patience of saints in the maw of an irritating and ceaseless assault.

SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???SS Boat hat ???Our site has many nice things to learn.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast