Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

????? SS camo skull - cap removed????

Article about: I just finally found this to post. Has been lost in my collection for years. I aquired this years ago from a vets estate auction with some other trinkets. I can see that it was cap removed f

Default ????? SS camo skull - cap removed????

I just finally found this to post. Has been lost in my collection for years. I aquired this years ago from a vets estate auction with some other trinkets. I can see that it was cap removed from the stitch holes in areas arond skull. The texture is something i have never felt in any of these patchs. It has a "relief " felling between the green and the black, almost like a 3D effect. The color is close to a green chromate hue, very dull with no sheen. Please any comments are appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ????? SS camo skull - cap removed????   ????? SS camo skull - cap removed????  

????? SS camo skull - cap removed????   ????? SS camo skull - cap removed????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ????? SS camo skull - cap removed????
    P
    Many

Sorry but this does not look like a authentic skull to me.

?

Why do the fibers look synthetic ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ????? SS camo skull - cap removed????   ????? SS camo skull - cap removed????  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

This is a prime example of why I don't place a lot of value on the whole "vet" thing when it's attached to Third Reich items. Both of my great-grandfathers on my mother's side were WWII veterans. I could easily buy any given Third Reich item, put it up for sale w/ one of my great-grandfather's military service information & some photos of him during his military service, claim he brought the Third Reich item back, & charge more for it. The buyer wouldn't know the difference.

Another thing to consider is that it's not inconceivable to think that a number of WWII vets collected Third Reich items post war. If a WWII vet went to a show, bought some items, passed away years later, his family could easily assume the show bought items were brought back from the war.

Hell, some WWII vets & even non-vets probably bought Third Reich items after the war & they themselves claimed they brought it back from the war. I am sure they claimed they took these items right off the bodies of the dead Germans they killed when in all reality, they bought the items at a show. As someone who has been in the military, I have met some bullshitters, both military vets & civilians who never served, that will tell you they did all kinds of things in the military. Unless you were in the military, these guys could fool most people. These types obviously existed during & after WWII as well.

?

captain20052019, I agree, buy the item not the story, many a 'Vet' acquired items have been post war or even made at the end of the war ie; parts daggers assembled to sell as a souvenir to a G.I. to take home, Souval etc; as you have pointed out Grandpa Johnny may also be a fibber potato peeler during the war and wanted to impress his relatives with tales of heroics and what not, and so the story was passed down and over the years embellished, so, when the family is ready to part with the 'Family Heirloom' the story and item just doesn't pass the muster, on the other hand items with bring back papers or even a helmet with the postal sticker as a send home command better attention as there is provenance. There have been a few times here and on other Forums where there has been quite a let down after finding out a piece is indeed a 'Fake' after many years in a drawer... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Army veterans often joined in 'scams' to pass off fake Nazi junk to unsuspecting collectors. Being a veteran didn't turn them into angels!

Cheers,
    Steve

@Steve, having served in the US Army, I can definitely say that being in the Army, or any branch for that matter, definitely does not make somebody an angel. Some of the best & some of the worst people I have met, I met while in the military. The military has it's bad apples like every other institution!

Another thing many civilians don't seem to understand is that even if a vet served in theater, it doesn't mean they saw any combat and would not acquire enemy items directly. In modern times, we have a term for those soldiers who never leave the FOB (forward operating base), they are called "Fobbits" which is of course a play on the name "hobbits" from Lord of the Rings series of movies that were popular with my generation.

It's a known fake

I didnt say the skull was from my uncle. When he came back he donated almost all of his war booty to the local barbershop , which the small town in texas used as a local museum . And I take strong offence in your remarks about his vet status. The man flew t0 missions over germany as a bombadier .was shot down over Anklem germany ,was the only man that survived & then spent over a year as a POW. He was shuttled thru 4 camps before being liberated. He weighed 175 when he was shot down and came out weighing a little over 80.So yah the man WAS THERE.....He was never a collector ,and never understood people who did. His own words were "I wouldn t get you a wooden nickel for any nazi garbage."You may have your own opinion about the patch. But you have no right to direspect something or someone you know absolutley nothing about. That is a slap to any combat vet...

It is because of people like my uncle that you are able to collect these objects instead of being forced to wear them....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast