Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ss cap set unmarked hope its good this time

Article about: hi guys found this ss cap set and tought lets ask it again to see what others think these are offerd as original but i have been wrong twice so please help me out again cheers j

Default Re: ss cap set unmarked hope its good this time

hi

i already collect wehrmacht and daggers
    and wanted to do something new
    and i find these skull`s a lot lately but i really want to know houwe what and when about these little objects

thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss cap set unmarked hope its good this time
    P
    Many

Hi Jacob, my advice is to build up a couple of files of photos. One for original and one for fake.

This question on SS cap insignia does raise it head every week. I know many new and younger collectors thirst for SS cap insignia. I find the prices of said items crazy....

Study is the key here. Build an archive. Lable the originals and fakes from only trusted sources.

Cheers, Ade.

I associate myself with Adrian's sound, measured advice.

The kicker here is that you have to see these things in real life, which is the rub. It is hard to find them, and then to find them in sufficient numbers to develop the feeling in your finger tips and intuition as to the real items.

I own more than the average and still cannot see the things that others do. It is because at some level the whole thing bores me out of my mind, but these things are like cat nip.
    I cannot deny their allure, but at the insane, narcotic prices demanded by the pushers out there, I cannot see collecting these in any sane way.

I much prefer this sort of thing here, not that they are so common, either....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss cap set unmarked hope its good this time   ss cap set unmarked hope its good this time  

?

Jacob -

There is no short-cut here, no book to explain it all.

But by all means, buy the book before the object.

For starters, try The Collectors Guide to Cloth Third Reich Military Headgear by Gary Wilkins, and SS Uniforms, Insignia... by A. Hayes.

And, most importantly, spend some considerable time reviewing the files of this and other forums for vast input on correct and falsified metal insignia. You will, in fact, find much more here than in the books, for certain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2