Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Chevron and Shoulder Board for review -New Collector....Wisdom appreciated

Article about: Hello all, I am a brand new collector, and purchased some items in a small collection. The person had been collecting for years and was referred to me by a trusted party. Given my lack of ex

Default SS Chevron and Shoulder Board for review -New Collector....Wisdom appreciated

Hello all,

I am a brand new collector, and purchased some items in a small collection. The person had been collecting for years and was referred to me by a trusted party. Given my lack of experience in this realm, I figured I'd post this to the group to see what people think.

SS Chevron and Shoulder Board for review -New Collector....Wisdom appreciatedSS Chevron and Shoulder Board for review -New Collector....Wisdom appreciatedSS Chevron and Shoulder Board for review -New Collector....Wisdom appreciatedSS Chevron and Shoulder Board for review -New Collector....Wisdom appreciated

As is the case with the other items I posted, I am a brand new collector so my authentication experience is solely based on comparing these items to others sold on reputable sites.

I did notice that the back of the chevron shows gold stitching whereas the few I saw online had silver. Not sure if this matters.

As always, thanks to all for your time and attention!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Chevron and Shoulder Board for review -New Collector....Wisdom appreciated
    P
    Many

Looking at other sites, the cross-hatch material on the edges of the shoulder board (SS INFANTRY SCHARFUHRER?) looks correct and I did identify the pattern of the chevron as SS ROTEHNFUHRER, but again I'm not sure if the gold back stitching is an issue.

Anyone want to weigh in on these?

CBH
    ?

I'm not big into SS cloth , but one observation . I believe the backing cloth on the shoulder board should be black for SS , this appears to be field grey . This would make me think it might be Panzer . I could be wrong .

Perhaps the resident cloth expert(s) would like to weigh in here? These were a bit more illusive for me to find a substantiated example. The few I found for sale didn't have the greatest of pictures (and obviously for sale on the internet doesn't mean it's authentic )