Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Collar Tab

Article about: This is a Vet pickup, Can't find the other one? Annoyed from this ads?  

SS Collar TabSS Collar TabSS Collar TabA real collar patch on a real tunic. Photos courtesy D. Bunde.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tab
    P
    Many

all i can say is Eee Gad. Ouch! my eyes are hurt now.

?

If the OP needs any further convincing then I recommend he look at the Delich Collection threads. Especially this one. Delich Treasures Compare the item you presented and come to your own conclusions.

We'll, I'm always up for a good laugh. When I do, I watch comedy, when I want legit commentary without the pompous quips I go to forums. This forum; however short lived for me, unfortunately has members who do NOT meet my level of expectation of what genuine fellow collectors should possess. Some are sincere, some are asses. Thank you, for those of whom responded with intelligent and informative threads regarding some of my pieces. The rest of you, no need to comment, insipid and unprofessional to say the least. Some of you exhibit the attitude and unprofessionalism that we have grown to mistrust and attribute to some dealers that I have met of the years. I pity the new collectors that join in good faith to reach out with photos of new acquisitions and ultimately realize that they got burned only to get abashed and receive such immature remarks. This, with the exception of some real collectors and historians that I have had the pleasure to reply, is not the forum for me.

I am truly sorry to hear that Mike.
    Aside from the rhetoric, there is a lot of knowledge here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by bigm1957 View Post
    We'll, I'm always up for a good laugh. When I do, I watch comedy, when I want legit commentary without the pompous quips I go to forums. This forum; however short lived for me, unfortunately has members who do NOT meet my level of expectation of what genuine fellow collectors should possess. Some are sincere, some are asses. Thank you, for those of whom responded with intelligent and informative threads regarding some of my pieces. The rest of you, no need to comment, insipid and unprofessional to say the least. Some of you exhibit the attitude and unprofessionalism that we have grown to mistrust and attribute to some dealers that I have met of the years. I pity the new collectors that join in good faith to reach out with photos of new acquisitions and ultimately realize that they got burned only to get abashed and receive such immature remarks. This, with the exception of some real collectors and historians that I have had the pleasure to reply, is not the forum for me.
    Just 10 minutes researching the SS section of this wonderful forum would have given you the answer and you would not have needed to post the picture.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

You have been given helpful and useful replies on several other threads and, dare we say it, this one as well:

The collar patch was correctly pointed out as being fake and examples of genuine items were provided. As for how the item was being pointed out as fake: Well, a piece that happens to be laughably bad in its misshapen ugliness was given just the sort of comment that it quite frankly deserves. The item, mind you, not the person who posted it.

If this is enough for you to accuse those who posted said comments as being "insipid and unprofessional at the least" and "immature", not to mention "asses" you may well be right in your opinion that this is not the forum for you.

Good luck then in finding one where this item is met with more enthusiasm or in which someone bothers to post some tactful, detailed multi-paragraph analysis of its flaws, whichever is necessary to meet your level of expectation of what genuine fellow collectors should possess.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-09-2014 at 09:58 PM.

?

I believe it's not a crime to be a serious collector and have a sense of humor. Everyone has different personalities. That is what makes this forum great and Im proud to be apart of it. I cannot imagine a forum with the same mono tone personalities and replies you are expecting. Btw, you can have fun and enjoy the hobby too...at ease...the war is over now, you know.

Please direct your complaint to the moderators here, who, I am sure, will be at pains to address your wishes. Knowing them, as I do, this post by you will not likely solicit the response you seek, nor
    can your own expression of indignation change the fact that you attached a very fake badge with a tall tale heard so many times an hour here or elsewhere. We have many nice things from the world's leading
    collectors assembled over years and at huge effort. Your comment above seems to take no heed of this fact, for which, may I say, you deserve less our laughter than our pity.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-10-2014 at 02:54 AM.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    You have been given helpful and useful replies on several other threads and, dare we say it, this one as well:

The collar patch was correctly pointed out as being fake and examples of genuine items were provided. As for how the item was being pointed out as fake: Well, a piece that happens to be laughably bad in its misshapen ugliness was given just the sort of comment that it quite frankly deserves. The item, mind you, not the person who posted it.

If this is enough for you to accuse those who posted said comments as being "insipid and unprofessional at the least" and "immature", not to mention "asses" you may well be right in your opinion that this is not the forum for you.

Good luck then in finding one where this item is met with more enthusiasm or in which someone bothers to post some tactful, detailed multi-paragraph analysis of its flaws, whichever is necessary to meet your level of expectation of what genuine fellow collectors should possess.
    Andreas is always right and his example of citizenship and self expression sets an example for us all, including said person who has taken offense to this thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast