Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS collar tab cardboard backing for review

Article about: I posted this before and the consensus was it was original,never seen another like it,are these rare or just uncommon?Here are some better pics of it outside.Came from a vets estate sale.

Default SS collar tab cardboard backing for review

I posted this before and the consensus was it was original,never seen another like it though,are these rare or just uncommon?Here are some better pics of it outside.Came from a vets estate sale.Does anyone else have one to show?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS collar tab cardboard backing for review   SS collar tab cardboard backing for review  

SS collar tab cardboard backing for review   SS collar tab cardboard backing for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collar tab cardboard backing for review
    P
    Many

I have one also not that rare except my cardboard looks a little more shiny.

Thanks Raymond,can you post a pic of it,like to see it.Not real rare but you dont see too many so must be uncommon.

When I get time I will take a photo.

Here's what the cardboard backing on these usually look like , a little more tan & shiny .
    But I've also seen it period replaced by thin paper for a less rigid appearance , so who knows .
    The insignia itself is definitely a fine original , and it could be the photography that makes the cardboard look a bit dull ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS collar tab cardboard backing for review   SS collar tab cardboard backing for review  

Attached Images Attached Images SS collar tab cardboard backing for review 
    Last edited by Winkelman; 06-01-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks for the pics and info!Yeah it looks the same as your second pic in hand,just the outside lighting makes it look a duller lighter brown.Here is a better pic inside but cant get a true image of color with my indoor lighting.Its a waxy cardboard.I think it as issued but you never know.

?

Here are mine for reference:

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

CBH
    ?

I believe there was great variation in the Late-War cardboard backings, as suppliers became unreliable.
    It looks good to me.

Thanks again CBN!Rossi thanks for showing your tab ,very nice,that backing seems to be more normal for these collar tabs,wonder why they went to cardboard late,cheaper?

?

Here is an example from John at German War Booty that has a cardboard backing.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast