Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS Collar tab with pink piping

Article about: Please can I get your opinion on this. It looks ok to my novice eye and I have found some detail on the pink piping; 'In 1939 the Waffen-SS adopted waffenfarben, (Branch of Service Colors),

Default SS Collar tab with pink piping

Please can I get your opinion on this. It looks ok to my novice eye and I have found some detail on the pink piping;

'In 1939 the Waffen-SS adopted waffenfarben, (Branch of Service Colors), with each branch of service being allocated a specific, identifying, waffenfarbe, with pink being chosen for Panzer, (Armored), personnel which was generally displayed as piping on the shoulder straps/boards. Although contrary to regulations it seems that at least some units utilized branch of service piping on their collar tabs and photographic examples of the pink piped, SS runic collar tab can be seen in R. J. Edwards Jr. and M. H. Preutt’s book, Field Uniforms of Germany’s Panzer Elite, on pages 236 and again on page 245. '

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Collar tab with pink piping   SS Collar tab with pink piping  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar tab with pink piping
    P
    Many

this is "new piping" to my eyes. The tab is ok dough.

I would agree.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Many thanks for your opinions Sid/Ade

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I agree with Sid & Ade , piping added too up the price of the tab IMO

Cheers Mark

Nick

The piping shown is unlike what I have seen in the past, although my experience has only been with Wiking specific insignia.

Thanks for the well referenced considerations Nick. I will seek that out that book for my collection.
    Regards, Paul

the middle bits fine Nick.