Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?

Article about: Could one of our esteemed collectors who are well versed in Collar tabs post a link to a thread that would contain a good amount of reference material..as there are many pinned threads that

?

Well it looks like i made a bad call on this tab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Sorry for the bad pictures at first, but now I learned that quality of pictures means everything.

Quote by AfrikaKorps View Post
    Sorry for the bad pictures at first, but now I learned that quality of pictures means everything.
    Absolutely!

Not a problem. I am just glad this authentic example was vindicated, and not deemed a fake. It is a good thing you didn't discard it.
    Photography can be quite tricky, actually, and this is why it's always best to learn the information yourself. This way it will get the proper analysis, and isn't judged based on inaccurate characteristics. I can't stress enough how important, A) learning the knowledge of this hobby yourself is, and B) when determining whether a item is original or not, having it in-hand. Even some of the best photographs still don't show the items true aspects, especially in regards to cloth items such as this and tunics.
    Add: The only reason I suspected your tab was possibly authentic, thankfully, based on the first set of photographs was due to when I photographed this variant it was in horrible lighting and with a camera phone. The images came out the same as yours, which are quite misleading.

Looking at the first pics i probably would have thought repro.But seeing the better pics and close ups of buckram i think it is a very nice tab.
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

Quote by ddavies View Post
    Looking at the first pics i probably would have thought repro.But seeing the better pics and close ups of buckram i think it is a very nice tab.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Caught me out too Dave on first pics

Remember this: for bullion tabs always straightshots on the runes and in daylight (no flash).

Thank you everyone taking the time out of your day and authenticating this piece!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3