Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?

Article about: Could one of our esteemed collectors who are well versed in Collar tabs post a link to a thread that would contain a good amount of reference material..as there are many pinned threads that

Default SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?

This is my first SS item I have ever owned so I am very new to SS memorabilia. Please post your opinion on this pieces authenticity
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?   SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Some more pictures!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?   SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?  

SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?  

?

I do not think this is authentic bullion looks quite new and the material does not look right

Ugh you got me nervous now

?

IMO not good

Overall what makes you say this?

By the way I did a black light test and it passed.

The black light test is not conclusive, if it was made in the 70s or 80s there is a good chance it wont glow.
    Morris

What are the qualities that point to this collar tab being fake?

I've seen this variant before, but with a rzm tag, too. The backs and construction and material were the exact same as your example. The owner was a gun-show/estand dealer, and he "said" he got them from a vet. He had about four examples in the same unissued condition as yours. I will say, though, that he is not the most honest guy I've meet, and is quite willing to sell a copy/fake knowingly.
    As for the RZM tag on his examples, it was correct, actually, but I am unsure of the collar tab itself. The blacklight test is irrelevant, also, and I have to agree that the bullion looks quite new, although authentic items can look as they were made yesterday. I think the bad lighting in your images is giving us a false representations of what the tab actually looks like in person. If you could upload new photographs in natural lighting and verify before that the pictures portray its accurate characteristics, it may prove helpful and I'd be grateful as I've always wondered about said example. I don't see them being sold that often as a copy, or authentic piece.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast