Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Collar Tab for Review

Article about: Hi To all, Is this an original SS collar tab and is it a Dachau example? Thanking you all in advance and hoping to hear from some of you very soon. Regards, juno44

?

Default SS Collar Tab for Review

Hi To all,

Is this an original SS collar tab and is it a Dachau example? Thanking you all in advance and hoping to hear from some of you very soon.

Regards, juno44

SS Collar Tab for Review

SS Collar Tab for Review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tab for Review
    P
    Many

?

Anyone?

Hello. In the interest of giving the thread a bump. IMO the tab is no good. I'm not a fan of the black stitching seen around the front outside perimeter, in addition to the white interior stitching on the reverse. A tab sewn through the front and rear seems redundant and an unnecessary step in production. Also the runes are not as well executed (a little sloppy) as I'd expect, and they are not centered on the tab. JMO. Kindest regards.

Brian

Brian
    could the outer black threads be from the stitches to attach the tabs to the collar ? Just left over threads ?
    D

Hey David I did consider that but all the cut threads being present the whole way around the tab after seventy some odd years seems unlikely to me. But never say never. I just was looking to start up the conversation about it's authenticity. Best regards buddy.

Brian

You can compare with this example.
    SS RZM Runic Tab
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi

Yes, correct it is the outer black threads from the stitches to attach the tabs to the collar

Here is another good thread discussing a similar tab, it's not conclusive; but it does show varying opinions in regards to these Dachau machine wove runic tabs. They are hard to pin down conclusively. Kindest regards.

Brian

SS runes tab

Here is a rune tab from my collection. In truth, I ve never been completely comfortable with it s authenticity. Also as a comparison are two Heer officer tabs I'm completely comfortable with being real. Lastly excerpts from the Bando Beaver book in regards to machine embroidered runic tabs (unfortunately with no pictures of the reverses).

SS Collar Tab for ReviewSS Collar Tab for ReviewSS Collar Tab for ReviewSS Collar Tab for ReviewSS Collar Tab for ReviewSS Collar Tab for Review

?

Thank you to all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast