Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM tagged

Article about: Hello to all. Soo i went partially insane and jumped into the deep end. This guy arrived yesterday from the ruptured duck. I'm happy to own it, tried to get some macro shots of the material

Default SS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM tagged

Hello to all. Soo i went partially insane and jumped into the deep end. This guy arrived yesterday from the ruptured duck. I'm happy to own it, tried to get some macro shots of the material and stitching for reference. Hope you enjoy. Kindest regards.

Brian

SS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM tagged

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM tagged
    P
    Many

Congrats on a nice one Brian

Forgive my intrusion and I am ever learning ....when were the ribbed white fields introduced on these armbands ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Lt. Col! I appreciate it. Best regards.

The other Brian

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Forgive my intrusion and I am ever learning ....when were the ribbed white fields introduced on these armbands ?

Regards Larry
    Hey Larry good to hear from you brother. From my understanding that material was used most commonly with the wool examples. I believe the wool armband was most commonly used on greatcoats/dresscoats if I'm not mistaken? As for the year I'm not certain. I could look through the mollo books to see if an approximate period is given. Admittedly I was expecting to see the ribbed style material used for the black materials of the swas and border edging. But if you look at the textile weave and stitching it's consistent throughout. And the same can be said for the SS tag. Of course Bill sells his items with a coa.. I know how we feel about them in general but it does provide me with peace of mind especially for the eventual resale. But it only states that the item is pre 45. Best regards.

Brian

SS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM tagged

A general timeline of the development of the SS dress code as told by Mollo in volume 1 of his series. It doesn't state which armband/brassard "type" (for lack of a better term) was to be worn with what article of clothing. However I think it's generally accepted that the cotton version would of been worn with the brownshirt and possibly the black dress uniform coat. I'm sure amongst FB s photos this can be clairified. I'm fairly certain but am happy to be corrected but I believe the 35 on the RZM tag is representative of the year of manufacture? I believe this particular armband would of been worn on the brownshirt during the transitional period of dress code standardization.
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 11-14-2018 at 02:34 PM.

A nice looking armband. Wish I had one.
    Congrats !!
    D.

Thanks so much David. I appreciate it buddy. Best regards.

Brian

The cotton item was intended for the brown shirt with the hooks ( see SA men), the blouse type, and the woolen for the tunic and the overcoat. Wim will tell you
    when the brown shirt was phased out, if it was phased out at all.
    The woolen brassard devoid of the black stripes is NOT an overcoat brassard.
    The brassard in wool was sold either unsewn or in two models, the larger in circumference for the overcoat.
    Your item is authentic and hard to find, and the source of much misunderstanding.
    The woolen brassards have been well faked since the 1960s.
    The satin disc ("ribbed...") is also faked, and it can easily mislead you if you are not familiar with an original.
    Unused authentic woolen brassards were common in the 1960s, and so on.
    You have a nice piece. Don't worry about it.
    And, in a moment like this, Bob Coleman always had something useful and sensible to say, which is another reason I mourn him
    and have essentially abandoned all of this.SS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM tagged

Satin disc, often somewhat oval, when you really look at it....SS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM tagged

this one has patina, which offends those who imagine they can return in time to 1937, but it does not bother me at all.SS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM taggedSS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM tagged

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast