Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Cuff Officer Cuff Title piece

Article about: Hey, Everyone I recently purchased this Cufftitle piece from Medamilitaria as I am new to SS collecting and wanted to explore getting into possibly collecting some cuff-titles and wanted to

Default SS Cuff Officer Cuff Title piece

Hey, Everyone

I recently purchased this Cufftitle piece from Medamilitaria as I am new to SS collecting and wanted to explore getting into possibly collecting some cuff-titles and wanted to have an example of of a piece of a Cuff-title to study before pulling the trigger on a potentially larger, more expensive purchase.

I then discovered this thread where a variant of fake "B" SS RZM tags is shown and the tag on my Cufftitle piece looks suspiciously similar to the fake exposed on that thread. Note the font similarities.

I put the tag under a microscope, however and it appears that the print on it was done with offset printing which is correct for the period.

So now I have a couple questions that I need help answering.

1). Am I looking at the wrong things trying to determine authenticity of the tag? And if so, should I be looking at the font or the general layout of the text on the tag?

2). If the tag is fake is the cuff title piece fake? Or did someone stick a bad tag on a piece of cuff-title? The cuff looks good to my eyes, but as I said I'm new to this so I could be wrong.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Cuff Officer Cuff Title piece
    P
    Many

?

Both the tag and cuff title are fake. I'm sorry for the bad news. When you look at the boarders of the Cuff title, you can recognize a sewing error in the black boardering. This is a commons sign for really old fake cuff titles.

?

2SS Cuff Officer Cuff Title pieceSS Cuff Officer Cuff Title piece

?

The tag is an old copy and widely spread all over the collecting community these days. I think this fake tags once came from England but i cannot proof it. You can find this kind of tag on real and fake insignia. Sometimes just added to upgrade the value.SS Cuff Officer Cuff Title piece

?

More:SS Cuff Officer Cuff Title pieceSS Cuff Officer Cuff Title pieceSS Cuff Officer Cuff Title piece

?

Once one studied these tags a bit, you may notice that the used font for stamping is always done with the same set of stamps. The font of the numbers is pretty similar on most of these tags. They exist with various different makers.

?

Here is a real one in close up to give you an idea how a real one looks like:SS Cuff Officer Cuff Title piece

No problem, thanks for letting me know, I'd rather know for sure which items in my possession are real rather than deceive myself into thinking that something fake is authentic. Like everything else it's a learning experience.

Thanks for the additional pictures/information, I definitely appreciate it!

I also let the dealer know and he said I can return it for a refund.

Smile

Thanks for this pic,
    Could it be possible to have a pic of an original without lettering side by side for comparison with the fake above please,
    Honestly, I'm absolutely unable to see any sewing error in the fake, sorry
    and I'm really interested in learnig this point
    Thank you very much,

Or I did'nt really understand what you meant

?

SS Cuff Officer Cuff Title pieceSS Cuff Officer Cuff Title piece

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast