Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dienstrock für Apotheker

Article about: I vaguely recall this item being posted and discussed on one of the major English language fora in the past. Would anyone be able to cite a specific regulation as to when it is permissible t

?

Default SS Dienstrock für Apotheker

I vaguely recall this item being posted and discussed on one of the major English language fora in the past. Would anyone be able to cite a specific regulation as to when it is permissible to have the Ärmelabzeichen surrounded with Aluminium cord along the edges?

I am curious for the reason that, in comparison to the following Mantel that belonged to a physician who held a higher rank in the SS and where we clearly see the Ärmelabzeichen is lacking any piping, it is unclear to me what this piping signifies. I could assume that the presence of this piping indicates some difference in status or is indicative of a higher level of authority, however, typically physicians carry greater weight regarding decision making within the medical field. This, in consideration with the differing ranks, puzzles me.

Just a picayune detail that sparked a little interest for me.

CMH

Please note: The tunic is NOT mine, however, the Mantel is.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstrock für Apotheker
    P
    Many

?

Thank you, FB. I must have seen this on the other forum since I do not remember this level of detail in the photos nor the exchage of comments. The VA stamp certainly had my defenses up, however, the Ärmelabzeichen made me quite curious. As noted in the thread with the link you provided, the embroidery looks odd, perhaps in a poor state of preservation, perhaps something else. The piping around the edges is another anomaly that prompted me to post this.

I have no intentions of "stirring the pot" on this one, it was an exercise in gaining some idea about the regulations in applying piping around the trade badges.

As always, thank you for your efforts in enabling myself and others to be informed collectors.

CMH

At the risk of being very brusque, I see no compelling reason to re open an issue that was highly frustrating and displeasing. We burden the moderators here enough with the need to clean up the messes created in this search for the truth.

?

Agreed,

My apologies.

Kindest regards,

CMH