Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type

Article about: Hi Guys, Just wanted to share this recent acquisition with you. It's a 2nd type, machine embroidered, EM/NCOs tab showing use & wear. I'd say it's been cut off a collar as opposed to 'to

Default SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered

Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to share this recent acquisition with you. It's a machine embroidered, EM/NCOs tab showing use & wear. I'd say it's been cut off a collar as opposed to 'torn off (quite a bit of stitching remaining), it's complete with it's RZM tag (August Menzs & Sohn of Wien, RZM code 118) & is identical to other good examples of this maker, that I have come across. In hand, the colour of the runes has a more 'sunny hue' to them & feels like a direct link to the battlefield, chuffed to own this !
    Regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type   SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type  

SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type   SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type  

SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type   SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type  

Last edited by Pauls1970; 02-16-2021 at 08:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type
    P
    Many

Very nice and well worn collar tab! after years of collecting unissued insignia, I have been searching high and low for "cut-off" SS insignia, although much harder to find than its unissued counterpart.

?

a nice one.

Top!

Very nice Paul!
    Congrats!
    I like them clean, but I wouldn't mind adding one like this to my collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Well done Paul! Your patience paid off.

Thanks Guys, glad you like tab, it's like an instant link to the battlefield...what did it witness....wish it could talk ! The wear is just right not too OTT, ticks all the boxes that I was after.....& yes Al, you're right patience pays eventually ! Cheers guys !
    Paul

Now that is a stunning tab! I'm certainly jealous, congratulations!

CBH
    ?

Nice Tab, I like how the base material loses its fleece and becomes shiny after lots of sweat and grime. It’s something that can’t really be faked, my two runic tabs are also uniform removed which I too prefer.

Hi Chris,
    You've echoed my thoughts ! In hand, the wear which can look....a different shade, but is in fact shiny, under magnification you can see dirt/grease, grime which is clear (under magnification), ingrained into the cloth...a time capsule ! Been studying it this past couple of days, you can feel 'the stress' this tab went through, late 42 -45, incredible the tag stayed on...glue must have been good !
    Cheers mate
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast