Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

"SS Fez" He Says!

Article about: Here is a link to an "SS fez" that looks quite dubious to me, and I don't know jack about these things! Sorry about posting the link, couldn't get the images to upload for some rea

Default "SS Fez" He Says!

Here is a link to an "SS fez" that looks quite dubious to me, and I don't know jack about these things! Sorry about posting the link, couldn't get the images to upload for some reason.
    Original WW2 German S.S. Fez Collectibles For Sale in NY | Want Ad Digest Classified Ads

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "SS Fez" He Says!
    P
    Many

Well the fez is good but the insignia not good.

Steve

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Well the fez is good but the insignia not good.

Steve
    Thanks Steve!
    So that IS an original fez? I am surprised! That is more than I figured would be good! That's why I stay away from the SS stuff! I hope some potential buyer of this piece knows their stuff!

So the thread does not become useless,
    Ralph.

"SS Fez" He Says!
    "SS Fez" He Says!
    "SS Fez" He Says!
    "SS Fez" He Says!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph! I tried several ways and I couldn't get them to upload.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Thanks Ralph! I tried several ways and I couldn't get them to upload.
    They wouldn't upload for me either so, I saved them, resized them larger and resaved them. Then it worked.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Actually, the red fez are quite often seen, as tons of them were found in Dachau at the war's end. The GI's used them for shopping baskets to load the piles of insignia they were bringing home as souvenirs. Then, the fakers caught on to the fact that the Insignias on them could be removed and stitched to their fake hats to really bamboozle the poor collectors out there out of their moneys. Many many fez were thus stripped of their eagles and skulls, only to be valued years down the road for what they were, so the fakers began to buy them up cheap, put fake insignia on them and began selling them as genuine SS Fez's-which they Sort of were! The poor Fez has undergone several episodes in the never ending game of fakes and reals. Now....if you find a Grey Fez....that's a different critter altogether!

(The SS Fez was never a quality piece to begin with. A Good Fez as worn by Tunisians,Egyptians,Turks,etc will have a decent woven rush liner to keep their shape and give them stability and maybe even a silk liner on top of that! A decent vintage Fez is difficult to come by these days!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William! So you concur with Steve that this fez itself is authentic? With so few details to compare, how do you tell? I envy the members here who have a good working knowledge of SS regalia!

The construction and materials are textbook Dachau. The sweatband,the tassel, etc. The red fez's are not difficult to find.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I am still surprised that thw fez is real. Probably not worth $300 but the guy selling it either believes it to be real or got burned himself. Interesting piece that I didn't know much about. Thanks Steve and William for showing me something new!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast