Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS FM badge for authentication please.

Article about: Hello all, I am looking at possibly purchasing this FM pin from a friend. He isn't very knowledgeable and makes no claims about it's authenticity. He just knows that I enjoy collecting third

Default SS FM badge for authentication please.

Hello all, I am looking at possibly purchasing this FM pin from a friend. He isn't very knowledgeable and makes no claims about it's authenticity. He just knows that I enjoy collecting third reich memorabilia and said he'd found it among his late father's possessions. I looked over the photos he sent me last night and I think it looks right. That said, I know full well that 99.99% of SS items I encounter are stone cold one looker fakes so my spider senses automatically tingle when I reach for my wallet on this thing. I appreciate any opinions you fine folks might share. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS FM badge for authentication please.   SS FM badge for authentication please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS FM badge for authentication please.
    P
    Many

Have I posted this in the wrong forum? Just curious as no one has responded at all. I'm happy to wait but if it's in the wrong place I figured I'd be waiting a while. Thanks.

I like the details of this one but there appears to be something "off" with the color. These should be black on the obverse, while I see red and grey, (almost like overspray).
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Jan
    ?

I am no expert on these but just be patient, in the meantime check out this tread

SS-FM Patron Pin

Best,

Jan

Hello Jan, thank you very much for posting the link. Very good information there. I have read a couple other threads here regarding these pins. Ade seems to know a lot about these badges, thank goodness for he and others who share their knowledge with the rest of us. I am forever grateful to all members for the time and info they share. The pictures I posted in this thread are not the best but unfortunately they are all I have at the moment. I am going to buy the badge as it is from a close friend who'm I would not have a hard time returning it to should there be a problem with it. Once in hand, I'll post better pics in natural lighting. Perhaps that's the reason for the lack of responses. Thanks again Jan and thanks also to rbminis for his input. It is appreciated.

Would it be possible to see a clear close up of the reverse side-particularly the Deschler mark? I would add,though, that the broken pin Drastically reduces the value of it. These are valuable little stick pins but in this condition, it is questionable in any case.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Wagriff, as I said above, I thought may be the poor photos were the reason for the lack of responses. I am going to pull the trigger because it is from a close friend and the price is very reasonable compared to the prices I've heard batted around in other threads regarding these pins. Once I have it in hand, I will post better photos in natural daylight for you folks to look at. When you say it drastically reduces the value, do you mean by half or even more than half? Thanks for your response and for any further info, Better photos should be posted by end of the week.

I'm not a dealer, of course, but I would say that it takes a near $500 pin and makes it about $100. Others might be willing to pay more, but that is about the top that I could see fit to. There really is no way to even Repair it if you would want to. Sure, you could solder it, but then you'd be left with an ugly ball of solder on the back.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I like the details of this one but there appears to be something "off" with the color. These should be black on the obverse, while I see red and grey, (almost like overspray).
    Ralph.
    The red is a reflection. That said, the quality of the enamel is pretty bad (or maybe it is the photos). I've never seen a layer of enamel over the silver components.

Even if this is from a friend I would pass. If $50 maybe... But I would want to see better photos first. I'm not convinced yet.

Mine..but with crappy cell phone photos..

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...number-541254/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

If the badge is original and you choose to acquire it, the pin would be easily professionally repaired, probably for less than $50. My jeweller uses a laser for such small delicate jobs...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast