MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS-FM Patron Pin

Article about: Can someone tell me what would be a reasonable price to ask for this pin? I bought this in Berlin from a street vendor outside the ruins of the Kaiser Wilhelm Gedächtniskirche in 1957. In th

PEB
    ?

Default Re: SS-FM Patron Pin

Ade

Here are the issues of FM Zeitschrift I recently received.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-FM Patron Pin   SS-FM Patron Pin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-FM Patron Pin
    P
    Many

PEB
    ?

Enclosed with the two issues I just posted was a third issue missing the cover. Does anyone know which issue this is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-FM Patron Pin   SS-FM Patron Pin  

SS-FM Patron Pin   SS-FM Patron Pin  

Hi Dwight, I am coming to the end of what I know.

I can add that the membership book, like most documents, got updated over time. It actually began life as a simple card. Credit to my good friend Raymond for the pic.

The German SS-FM membership book, like I showed earlier in the thread, got updated at least 5 times between 1933 and 1938. The final 1938 issue has the gothic script "SS" on page 14 replaced with runic script.

The Flemish SS-BL book also went to two different print runs, both printed by Lacroix of Antwerp.

The Norwegian S-M version can again be found in two very slightly different versions printed by Hansen's of Oslo.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Paul, when I next visit my friend, I will go through his copies and find out which one it is from. He has most issues. Thanks for showing them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-FM Patron Pin  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, I haven't figured out the Alpha prefix code either and I have been working as long as Raymond. I thought for awhile that it was simply a method of consecutive issue numbers from the SS-Amt that provided the badges to the local Sturm. Sort of like the method of numbering firearms like Lugers? 1-9999, then 1-9999a and so forth.

Regarding your comment that the Ehrenadels were always numbered in S codes, I guess that would explain the list of lost Ehrenadels from the FM magazine provided only the number, as the codes were all the same.

Ade, asked that I post a photo of the obverse of the pin I showed above. Here it is along with a photo of the inside pages of the membership book.

Last edited by Poloberst; 12-27-2011 at 07:14 PM.

I need to give Raymond a call and I will pick his brains to see if he has come up with anything new? But his new family will be keeping him busy I suspect!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the extra images Poloberst

Nice later issue buch with the runic SS.

As we have touched upon the special Ehrennadel given only to those who contributed during the Kampfzeit, I though it was best to add an image. This one is missing the stick pin of course. As you can see, these were made of solid silver. Again only made by Deschler und Sohn, München.

Himmler had a hand in the design of this one.

Cheers, Ade.

For some more info ( mostly in English ) on the Dutch BL version >>
    Awards & Decorations of the World • View topic - Insignia Germaanse SS
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-FM Patron Pin 

Thanks for the link.

Nice pins too!

Cheers, Ade.

yab
    ?

Hi, I`ve found an armband, similar to the pin, can anyone tell something about that?
    Regards Yab.

SS-FM Patron Pin  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast