Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS French Made Eagle

Article about: Hello all, I would really appreciate some expert opinions on this eagle from Weitze. Apologies for the censorship. Many thanks

Default SS French Made Eagle

Hello all,

I would really appreciate some expert opinions on this French made eagle from Weitze. Apologies for the censorship.

Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS French Made Eagle   SS French Made Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS French Made Eagle
    P
    Many

?

Hi there, this 1944 kriegsanfertigung has collectors divided. There are some collectors over at the red forum who dont like this and think it is a repro. Myself and some other valued members on this forum like it as a late war original. I own one in my personal collection.

Hi there thanks for the fast response, so this particular variant would be considered somewhat of a grey area?

?

Correct, 50 shades of grey. That is why the price is so low for this eagle. A standard and commonly accepted late RZM eagle is commonly sold for 2x or 3x the price. It is a judgement call on your end and when the time comes to sell, you have to keep this in mind. However, if you study more French made insignia you will know. Most occupied countries made insignia for the Kriegsmarine, Heer and Waffen-SS. This is a difficult field to collect because little is know about the manufacturers and processing. One of the most respected SS collectors on this forum said it is a fine original and I value his expertise and opinion.

MilitaryTour recently sold this example...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS French Made Eagle  

Thank you for so much information. Strange that there is very little info on this certain type and has left a whole forum of experts divided on the matter. $300 seems steep for an item no one can actually say is genuine

Weitze sells them for 125 Euros...

I was referring to that other site MilitaryTour.

Here's a Close-Up of mine...I consider it a Late-War Variant...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS French Made Eagle   SS French Made Eagle  

May I ask did you also buy yours from Weitze?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast