Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Germania Cuff Title - Authentication Please

Article about: Hello all, I recently aquired this with a few other SS items, could someone please help me autheticate if it is real or fake. SS is so way outside of my wheelhouse. I have read through Ade's

Default SS Germania Cuff Title - Authentication Please

Hello all, I recently aquired this with a few other SS items, could someone please help me autheticate if it is real or fake. SS is so way outside of my wheelhouse. I have read through Ade's sticky and to me it looks real. I see a salt & pepper edging but its at the top rim and not necessarily on the back. Thank you for whatever assitance you can provide.

SS Germania Cuff Title - Authentication PleaseSS Germania Cuff Title - Authentication Please
    SS Germania Cuff Title - Authentication PleaseSS Germania Cuff Title - Authentication Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Germania Cuff Title - Authentication Please
    P
    Many

Does anyone have insight on these? is that brown dotted threading considered salt & pepper?

from my understanding on the Bevo cuff titles. this this is the sawtooth type and is a fake

?

Hello Sir,

Salt and Pepper is the chequered black and white weave in BeVo cuffs. This is not one of those style of weave.
    The cuff pretends to be a RZM style machine embroidered Germania cuff title but unfortunately a fake one to me.
    I do not own one of these mind you, so if this is a rare pattern - which I doubt- I will take back my comment.

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Hello Sir,

Salt and Pepper is the chequered black and white weave in BeVo cuffs. This is not one of those style of weave.
    The cuff pretends to be a RZM style machine embroidered Germania cuff title but unfortunately a fake one to me.
    I do not own one of these mind you, so if this is a rare pattern - which I doubt- I will take back my comment.

Thank you for your contribution Vocht. You are probably right on this, however before I throw it in the trash I will wait for more opinions. I am hoping the master will visit this thread and provide a reply.

?

Sorry, but it's for the trash - some of mine:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Germania Cuff Title - Authentication Please  

Quote by Putzi View Post
    Sorry, but it's for the trash - some of mine:
    wow, are those all real or copies? that's quite a collection. I have 2 cuff titles and I only got them because I was after 2 belt buckles that were in the lot I won.

?

I started about 1970 so hope they are real .. but even back then copies were all around.
    The cloth backing on your Germania cuff title is wrong, look at the vertical stripes.

Quote by Putzi View Post
    I started about 1970 so hope they are real .. but even back then copies were all around.
    The cloth backing on your Germania cuff title is wrong, look at the vertical stripes.
    I am not sure what you mean by vertical stripes.

?

The black band itself, it's wrong.

Quote by Putzi View Post
    The black band itself, it's wrong.
    ahh yes, i see it now. its verticle. thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast