Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband

Article about: Posted these as a reply in another post but didn't get a response. Just wanted others' input on if you think they're genuine or not. Im confident in the armband but have little experience wi

Default SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband

Posted these as a reply in another post but didn't get a response. Just wanted others' input on if you think they're genuine or not. Im confident in the armband but have little experience with cuff titles and ehrenwinkels.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband   SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband  

SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband   SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband  

SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband   SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband
    P
    Many

?

Only the armband is genuine from what I see here.

The Old Fighter’s Chevron should appear as such:

In aluminium:
    SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband

In silver:

Do you have any reference pictures for the cuff title as well? The one i have does not glow under black light and the construction appeared correct from what I could tell. Unfortunately there aren't too many pictures of them or reference material.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband  
    Last edited by swatmaster68; 04-03-2023 at 04:02 AM.

I appreciate the help.

?

There are indeed very few examples published. From what I understand, the following is an image of a known personage’s formal wear that is a confirmed period example. There are other photos I have in my files of other cuffs but I am not authorized to share them. Your cuffband material is inconsistent with the other known originals that I am aware of. As there isn’t much published photographed material specifically focusing on these types of cuffs, and, keeping in mind that, as I don’t collect loose insignia, this isn’t the center of my focus and knowledge in collecting, I can only offer you an opinion that is based on my own discussions with more advanced collectors than I and their years of experience.

I collect complete uniforms and tend to assess the item as a whole piece as, personally, I find it much more telling. Considering the uniform that you posted with the various insignia attached, it is quite unlikely that the example you post is some rare variant of an authentic piece.

SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and ArmbandSS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband

The above item is not my property.

?

Another discussion running in parallel that may be relevant to your inquiry.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Many things of this nature in collecting this regalia are settled, or, accepted until proven otherwise, by consensus.

CMH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband  

?

Apropos the “Winkel für alte Kämpfer” in post 2 above:

Excerpt from SS-Befehlsblatt dated 25th April 1936 of RFSS order that authorized wear of the Old Fighter’s Chevron for the listed personnel

Thanks so much

I received this very cuff title in the mail yesterday (The Collector's Guild)

Thanks for your posts, DrCMH. I'm confident you know your subject matter, so forgive my question. The cuff title below was sold by Ulric. The one in the post farther below is currently available for sale (also by Ulric). They seem similar to the one I just received, but perhaps I'm not knowledgeable enough to notice the differences. If the one in the original post is not authentic, then perhaps neither of these is either? What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Peter II; 08-31-2023 at 06:27 AM.

Here's the one currently offered for sale:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast