MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Insignia

Article about: I recently got a replica Standartenführer of the Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers-SS jacket. The person that sold me the jacket said some of the insignia might be original its a really

?

Default SS Insignia

I recently got a replica Standartenführer of the Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers-SS jacket. The person that sold me the jacket said some of the insignia might be original its a really good reproduction with stamp marks and even the buttons are marked. Be glad if you can help me. Personally I dont think they are real but I'm no expert on militaria as I have found to my cost!

DennisSS InsigniaSS Insignia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Insignia   SS Insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Insignia
    P
    Many

?

Nothing good here, I fear

?

Thanks, as I said bought the jacket as replica just curious about the insignia, for a forgery the fakers sure made a lot of effort with the jacket, the combination of insignia is SD so they knew something of the history, including inside stamps, buttons with markings. It must have taken them some time to make, what do you think they were trying to achieve with such a jacket?

DennisSS InsigniaSS Insignia

?

Look at the stamp "NVA 1950" That's an east german army stamp.
    The look and the color are the nearest from an SD open collar tunic, except lower pocket, but all insignas are bad.
    Believe me, nothing good in this B......T

?

I believe you I already said I bought it as a repro I paid £20 for it, I've seen this sort of jacket sold on eBay with east/west German insignia, so I know the jacket is post war, but I was not sure about the insignia, some of it looks pretty similar to me as WW2, I was just curious needed a bit of expert advice, that is surely what forums like this are for, not just for posturing know it all's

A nice reproduction for £20, can you imagine the price of the real deal.... phenomenal!
    Paul

Good looking replica. Like stated, insignias are not good. Could you take close up photos from shoulder boards, collar tabs and old fighter chevron?
    -TJ-

?

Apart from the colour I dont see a lot of difference between the jackets and I would never have the courage to part with €8500 I would always have my doubts. I feel a lot safer parting with £20

?

As I said the reproduction makers of the jacket at least put some thought into the correct insignia for the jacket (albeit in some opinions crap ones, theirs no pleasing the purest) I personally quite like them

SS InsigniaSS InsigniaSS InsigniaSS Insignia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast