Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ss insignia – have i learned anything?

Article about: I realise I may be outstaying my welcome. But I would like to ask for expert opinion once again with a further selection of insignia that have turned up. I have never found anything like the

mjw
    ?

Default Ss insignia – have i learned anything?

Hello everyone. I realise I may be outstaying my welcome. But I would like to ask for expert opinion once again regarding a further selection of insignia that have turned up. I have never found anything like them before, and two lots turn up within a week. The story involves a house clearance. . . Perhaps they are a trap. But my feeling is they are original, based upon searching the Forum and using my knowledge of British insignia of a similar age. However, that is the viewpoint of an innocent in these matters. Perhaps you will all tell me I should have remained safely cynical! Kind regards, Malcolm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss insignia – have i learned anything?   Ss insignia – have i learned anything?  

Ss insignia – have i learned anything?   Ss insignia – have i learned anything?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss insignia – have i learned anything?
    P
    Many

At first glance, that's all authentic. You need the black tunic to go with your items. The cap badge is very rare.

If you don't want the arm band, I'll take. And the shoulder strap is rare, too. Well done.

- - ------- - -

The splints on the cap badge are fiddled with, but the badge itself looks ok to me.

Your analytical powers eclipse most persons here. Well done.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-15-2017 at 03:10 AM.

mjw
    ?

Hello Friedich. Many thanks for your help once again. They are not yet mine, but now that I feel confident, I will try negotiating. Kind regards, Malcolm.

Quote by mjw View Post
    Hello Friedich. Many thanks for your help once again. They are not yet mine, but now that I feel confident, I will try negotiating. Kind regards, Malcolm.
    The only thing I do not know is the military style shoulder board, etc, but the other things seem ok to me as far as it goes.
    The enlisted black and alu strap of the 1934 pattern for the grey uniform with the loop is rare, as is the later Deschler cap badge and so forth.

- - ------- - -

I am gratified to be able to offer praise, which I prefer than the normal complaints and flatulence.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-15-2017 at 04:35 PM.

mjw
    ?

Friedrich. Thank you for your continued advice. Greatly appreciated. Without it I am certain I would walk away. The cap badge does has a repair to one pin and the other is missing. The solder looks old, so perhaps all is not lost. The strap with the loop is a pair. From what I can remember the armband has no label or makers details. Once again, many thanks for taking the time and trouble to assist me. Kind regards, Malcolm.

Quote by mjw View Post
    Friedrich. Thank you for your continued advice. Greatly appreciated. Without it I am certain I would walk away. The cap badge does has a repair to one pin and the other is missing. The solder looks old, so perhaps all is not lost. The strap with the loop is a pair. From what I can remember the armband has no label or makers details. Once again, many thanks for taking the time and trouble to assist me. Kind regards, Malcolm.
    Thanks. I could give a fig if the badge is repaired. It is part of its story. I am not a badge collector, and I am not a splints fetishist, either.
    If you have two shoulder boards with the loops, even better. The brassard is real. It is better if it has an early black tag or tags, but the thing
    is still real. You should keep the stuff all together if it came from a single person and so forth.
    A Konvolut of this kind is very hard to find.

Like FB said everything is original indeed. The skull has a replaced attachment badly executed, obviously. This skull has had the rounded attachments like on the Assmann made skull.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    Like FB said everything is original indeed. The skull has a replaced attachment badly executed, obviously. This skull has had the rounded attachments like on the Assmann made skull.
    Thanks. It is nice to see real things and to have them offered by genteel persons. It does not happen enough.

as concerns the brassards, one wants this kind of thing (here attached), but the piece (above) is perfectly fine.Ss insignia – have i learned anything?Ss insignia – have i learned anything?

- - ------- - -

This item is not mine, but it is appealing as far as these things go.

"Perhaps you will all tell me I should have remained safely cynical! Kind regards, Malcolm. "

Am glad you shared your things. No need to be cynical, just very skeptical---- never abandon hope in the search.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-15-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast