Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Jacket

Article about: I found an SS jacket at an antique shop and am curious about its authenticity. Unfortunately the photo of the entire jacket was fuzzy, so I did not include it. Based on these photos, would y

?

Default SS Jacket

I found an SS jacket at an antique shop and am curious about its authenticity. Unfortunately the photo of the entire jacket was fuzzy, so I did not include it. Based on these photos, would you consider the jacket as authentic?SS JacketSS JacketSS JacketSS JacketSS Jacket

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Jacket
    P
    Many

Fake eagle, fake tabs, fake cuff.

?

So there is no need for any more photos?

Fake!

Quote by Pablo View Post
    So there is no need for any more photos?
    always nice to see more pics.

Hello, horrible fake....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

The verdict seems fairly clear, but more photos might stir up some more comment.

?

Thanks for the feedback. A UV light examination did not show any fluorescence. Although the eagle, tabs and cuff are regarded as fake, maybe the jacket itself could be original. Is "Kurt Rosin" the manufacturer of the jacket and do they make SS uniforms? If I were to take more photos of the jacket, which parts should I photograph? Or should I not waste my time?

We always encourage folks to take complete photos of items they are wanting help with.

These images are alright but think of it as if you were buying a house and the seller only has images of a stove and a toilet.. Would you buy the house?

Photograph the entire jacket, front back, inside, look for makers marks, printed marks anything.. The photos will serve as a future reference in the event that someone does purchase this uniform and posts it here or on another forum.. So Yes Please take more photos even if you don't purchase it

Help us help you..

Price would be another RED FLAG indicator.. If this was being sold for $50.00 then I would put it back on the hangar quick and walk away..

Original SS uniforms are in the thousands of dollars..

Smitty

?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. A UV light examination did not show any fluorescence. Although the eagle, tabs and cuff are regarded as fake, maybe the jacket itself could be original. Is "Kurt Rosin" the manufacturer of the jacket and do they make SS uniforms? If I were to take more photos of the jacket, which parts should I photograph? Or should I not waste my time?
    The UV test is dubious at best, some original items don't pass the test and some fakes do, not a real way to gauge an item IMO
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast