Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Kepi - Fake?

Article about: Hello, recently came across this Kepi from a dealer, which I'm in half a mind to buy, but at today's prices would like some other opinions. The dealer gave permission to share pics of it on

?

Default SS Kepi - Fake?

Hello, recently came across this Kepi from a dealer, which I'm in half a mind to buy, but at today's prices would like some other opinions. The dealer gave permission to share pics of it on this site. i'm no expert on this item and wondered what other members think about it?
    SS Kepi - Fake?SS Kepi - Fake?SS Kepi - Fake?SS Kepi - Fake?SS Kepi - Fake?SS Kepi - Fake?SS Kepi - Fake?SS Kepi - Fake?SS Kepi - Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kepi - Fake?
    P
    Many

?

A poor copy, I'm afraid...

?

Thanks, I've never seen one up close. What alarm bell went off for me was the insignia and low price.

Quote by Arran View Post
    A poor copy, I'm afraid...
    Hi Arran could you list a few reasons why it is fake or provide a link to other examples ? Please

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'm sure Arran could give you a number of problems with this kepi, not least of which is the sloppy lining. But the obvious red flag is that the kepi did not have piping around the lower flap (except for high ranking officers in the very early years).

?

the 1929 eagle looked too chunky to me, and the leather strap sand papered. Actually the lining was what had me interested, which I thought was just a hand done repair. Glad I've dodged a bullet there! I'm also running a mile from their SS NCO cap, which I was a bit dubious about in the first place