Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS kragenspiegel, fake or real?

Article about: Hello everyone, I've been wanting to buy my first SS item and I have found an collar tab used by ''Unterfuhrer'' (every rank between unterscharfuhrer and stabscharfuhrer). However, I'm not s

Default SS kragenspiegel, fake or real?

Hello everyone,

I've been wanting to buy my first SS item and I have found an collar tab used by ''Unterfuhrer'' (every rank between unterscharfuhrer and stabscharfuhrer). However, I'm not sure if it is original, my main concern is the right side Rune (The part within the orange circle) , it seems to be wider/longer and point more outwards than the Rune on the left. Hopefully you guys can help me out. Regards,

Dion
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS kragenspiegel, fake or real?   SS kragenspiegel, fake or real?  

SS kragenspiegel, fake or real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS kragenspiegel, fake or real?
    P
    Many

?

Nothing wrong with this tab, originality-wise!

Thanks for your reply, so the rune on the right side is not an issue, I'm just nervous due to the fact that these tabs are faked on a massive scale. The movie props sometimes look original too, therefore, I started comparing this kragenspiegel with ones seen in documentaries and photos, and sometimes the Kragenspiegels in those documentaries looked perfectly similar and sometimes not (in terms of SS rune size, formats and dimensions)

?

There will always be minor variations in these as they are hand embroidered, but overall a certain amount of consistency should be evident. These were embroidered over "pre-approved" cardboard templates, so the shape and angle of the runes is something to look out for- often the replicas are far too "angled". The wool felt is consistent with originals, as is the buckram backing...

I've learned something today, thanks again, all I have to do now is buy my first original SS item.

I've learned something today, thanks again, all I have to do now is buy my first original SS item.