Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS M43 Officer Cap For Review

Article about: Hey all! Looking to find out the authenticity of this cap. I’m thinking it’s okay but I’m no expert, and if I’m going to spend the money, I want to be certain. Thanks everyone

Default SS M43 Officer Cap For Review

Hey all! Looking to find out the authenticity of this cap. I’m thinking it’s okay but I’m no expert, and if I’m going to spend the money, I want to be certain. Thanks everyoneSS M43 Officer Cap For ReviewSS M43 Officer Cap For ReviewSS M43 Officer Cap For Review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M43 Officer Cap For Review
    P
    Many

?

It matches to the fakes spread by Kai Winkler a couple of years ago. Rounde button flap, size stamp etc.

That’s not good to hear! This is actually the first comment that’s leaning towards fake. I of course want as many options as I can, and I appreciate you giving some specifics as to why it seems fake, so thank you!

?

Did you get any serious positive feedback leaning towards original (apart from the seller)?

A good friend of mine who is well versed in SS items gave it the thumbs up, and a couple other gentlemen on a fairly popular Facebook page said it looks good as well. I trust my one buddy a good bit, but if I’m going to spend a few grand more than likely, I want as many reassuring positive opinions as possible!

- - ------- - -

SS M43 Officer Cap For Review

Quote by Nwassel View Post
    ..... but if I’m going to spend a few grand more than likely, I want as many reassuring positive opinions as possible!
    Wise words ...its best to always get as much input from advanced collectors and less from Facebook militaria pages....its why you chose to post the cap here.

Face book does not have the depth of study nor does it have the endless subforums of research ...just alot of guys saying Yay or Nay and flybys posting fake or real posts...no disrespect to your friend..but I would encourage you to invite him to join this website so he can share his knowledge here as well.

The History and Truth is Here

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Oh absolutely, and I do believe he is on these forums as well, he’s helped me in a few of the recent tabs I’ve purchased and he has a good bit of full SS uniforms and insignias so he’s well educated from what I’ve gathered. But yeah I’ve definitely noticed what you’re saying about the Facebook groups, tons of people essentially talking out of their butts. I’d love to try and snag this cap if it’s actually authentic, but I’m sure it’ll fetch a pretty penny at the auction, and there’s the 20% premium as well, which is a pain.

?

I agree with Larry, the Facebook genre is full of disinformation and collectors that are not very knowledgeable IMO, there have been instances where an item was deemed fake, the reasoning 'they never saw one before' go figure, best to ask here.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Yeah definitely being cautious with the Facebook opinions. With that said, what do you gentlemen think about this one? Does everything seem okay?

?

This fake is not new. They came out at least a decade ago. Many more then a decade ago.

The construction pattern is wrong in some points.

To start with: A real M-43 cap has a teardrop shape on the top part of the cap because this caps had to follow the german tailor regulation for this cap type.

The Kai Winkler production failed to copy this detail. They just made the shape round which is not correct for WW2 M-43 caps.

A comparsion between my very first M-43 cap i purchased many years ago and the cap in question.

I would suggest your Facebook buddies to stay away from M-43 caps or to post them on forums before purchasing. If they cant at least judge the normal construction pattern, they will be good victims for all the many scammers out there.....

SS M43 Officer Cap For ReviewSS M43 Officer Cap For Review

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast