MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS market, very dead.

Article about: For sale, sold in one day, because the market for SS regalia is dead. Croaked.

?

Quote by Raymond270 View Post
    There are some rather great looking SS insignia for sale now that are original if one cares to search around.

Raymond
    Yes... mine for example in the classified.
    My 'Der Führer'-tab is very reasonably priced but still not sold. Matter of patience I guess.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS market, very dead.
    P
    Many

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    That statement spreads across the collecting spectrum. I am having trouble letting go of $1500 for an m1 garand. Just an example of course but the sentiment is the same. Its not that I wouldn't love to own either a garand or an SS visor but I just can't seem to justify it yet with the priorities in front of me.
    Its like Jack selling the cow for a handful of beans....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I like that analogy, Danmark. Military history has always been a love of mine but kept in perspective.

Personally, I've always wondered just where, exactly, will the SS market peak out at. Back when I began in the 60's, you could buy a nice SS officer hat for under $100. By the 70's, they were sneaking up near the 1000 mark. Today, some dealers are trying to get in the upwards of 20 Grand. Naturally, there has to be a ceiling. I can't see 50 or 100 thousand in 25 more years, but who knows? Will the 20K mark be the peak? Will someone actually succeed in selling one for that much eventually? A black General's tunic rig? 50 thousand? More? 100? With the flooding of the fakes market endlessly increasing, who can say for the originals? Only time will tell...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

While we will all fade into oblivion, the good reference books will survive us.... trouble with that is who will know to use those tools to discern good from dross? Enjoy the experience while you can gents.....just hang onto that cow.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.I am sure our Dr. Breuer is laughing at us from his corner of hell.

Doing my part to keep the SS Market alive I just made a deal on these Tabs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS market, very dead.  

SS market, very dead.more croak

Skip to content
    The Ruptured Duck
    Search
    Cart

About
    Markdowns
    Selling
    Items for Sale
    Blog
    Contact

Search
    Cart
    NOW OFFERING FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $500!
    ALL DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL ORDERS OVER $500 NOW QUALIFY FOR FREE SHIPPING!
    FOR ORDERS UNDER $500, WE ALWAYS SHIP AT COST!
    WWII German Allgemeine SS Officer Visor Cap
    HG-41b
    WWII German Allgemeine SS Officer Visor Cap

$ 14,950.00

Quantity

WWII German Allgemeine SS Officer Visor Cap-This great example has a body of soft, black trikot weave wool. It has a high, swept back peak and looks awesome. The white piping is excellent. There is a black velvet center band. The insignia matches perfectly! It is tombak with nickel silver finish that remains mostly intact on both the eagle and the totenkopf. The silver bullion officer chin cord is excellent, remaining tightly affixed by a pair of silver finished pebbled metal buttons. The black vulkanfibre visor has minor crazing only. The underside is crosshatched, RZM SS stamped and finished in the textbook orange brown hue. The interior is fully lined in gold rayon that is clean. There is a rhomboid shaped moisture shield. No maker info is visible on the moisture shield. The sweatband is soft brown leather with minor stains only. There is hand written initials of the owner, "W. Sch.". Underneath is an RZM tag with the maker number 143, indicating production by August Müller. A fantastic example of the ultimate piece of SS headgear!
    Share Tweet Pin it Fancy +1
    Back to Other Headgear

Twitter Tweets by @therupturedduck

Footer Menu

Sell Your Items
    About the Ruptured Duck
    Search our Inventory
    Layaway Options

Let's Get Social!

Meet us on Facebook
    Keep in touch on Twitter
    The Perfect Gift!

© 2016, The Ruptured Duck.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-09-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-09-2016 at 12:36 PM.

all of these people are not interested in SS regalia.

Paul D, Ben Evans, Adrian Stevenson, zwerge, A.J. Zawadzki, BOB COLEMAN, Ostm63, Greg Domian, Friedrich-Berthold*, d'alquen, placentinha, Pascal BERNHARD, dixie, mgalat, HPL2008, Jonathan, perce, johnhmcgary, Mac 66, texasuberalles, RonBerkeley, sitges1990, Jan, big ned, comleyn, lebus12, Karl S., jan holland, reneblacky, prosty zolnierz, svir, tud jones, HARRY THE MOLE, robin morley, Hummel, Alan M, kradman, jHAM, douglas2496, jimtoncar, AZPhil, matilda, Studly, helmet2id, lee edwards, Chopperman, Woolgar, RH1941, UHU, carlsson1982, Walkwolf, Danmark, Brett, Winkelman, harryamb2, Jerry B, Karaya1, ObKrieger, bichon, lithgow, CampX, Grimebox, mlk4114, lew07, 37Webbing, aemt, aghsmac1, tailor marc, roger9344, NickW, asterperious, earlymb, spandau, brataccas, plumbob, kc1, rbminis, rabbitface, severin, CBH, slados28, CARL, Glennyboy619, KRISSE, Hanselshrn, akmo, cat66, Martin Bull, JERSEY 34, Ingwe, mpw, feldgrau33, Tinhat, Larry C, milmuseum, meyle77, graham, Junk hunter, Saladin, Stinkpotpete, Trelawney, busman, aurelius180, matty01, Arran, KMMorris, NineLives, FALLSCHIRMJAGER, chen, chesterpiglet, warbuff, Gunny Hartmann, geelong, visor, Meteor, DMS, wpheaton, DrPMC, jose, timothy, inka, ikesis, Brownie, GreekMilitaria, Gwar, bananamafia, jimmy72, christek, Duff, Silberkreuz, timothywill, Ganer, greatwhite, RafaelDaggers, wiki, another ant, kwc271, JRMeda, MM1985, PhantomGuitar, Obal7, No1canuck, Watchdog, weller, Red Falcon, eisenschwein35, BlackCat1982, Sarge, MAP, Sveimhugi, Dannyjunkfish, Blitzvogel, duska, Gimmie, scottmadoo, Rossi, dimmuborgir95, Martin C, ynot, Rsvpiper, Thundahbolt, Raymond270, thecyclist64, remss, HistoryMan, Wewelsburg, philly, Krauser, paulp4180, juncker93, UK Cousin, 1 RNZIR, Combat Boots, HetzersGonnaHetz, Berghof, wiking44, Aussie guy, Dschop, Ullergaard, PlanMan, scheveninger, brian d, Panzerheld, Rakkasan187, Okeana, Vasario

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast