Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Nachrichtenabteilung

Article about: I got an interesting photo lot from a Totenkopf Officer who served in some kind of Nachrichtenabteilung in the earlier stage of his SS time. There are some interesting details: +Allgemeine C

?

Default SS Nachrichtenabteilung

I got an interesting photo lot from a Totenkopf Officer who served in some kind of Nachrichtenabteilung in the earlier stage of his SS time.

There are some interesting details:

+Allgemeine Collar tab and Allgemeine cuff title worn on a field grey tunic
    +Very unusual tunics like seen on some early VT pics.
    +1st and 2nd pattern Oversea hat.

I guess this is a part of the SS Nachrichtensturmbann using some stocks of Allgemeine insignia?

Comments are welcome!

SS NachrichtenabteilungSS NachrichtenabteilungSS NachrichtenabteilungSS NachrichtenabteilungSS NachrichtenabteilungSS NachrichtenabteilungSS NachrichtenabteilungSS Nachrichtenabteilung

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Nachrichtenabteilung
    P
    Many

?

Some details:

SS NachrichtenabteilungSS NachrichtenabteilungSS Nachrichtenabteilung

CBH
    ?

The 2nd SS-Nachrichten Sturmbann Stuttgart , blitz collar is one you don't see often .

Thanks for sharing these great images .

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    I guess this is a part of the SS Nachrichtensturmbann using some stocks of Allgemeine insignia?
    To avoid confusion:

They are not members of the SS-Nachrichtensturmbann of the SS-Verfügungstruppe, but signals personnel of the Allgemeine SS; more specifically, as CBH said, of Nachrichtensturmbann 2 / Nachrichtenabteilung 2 (HQ'ed at Stuttgart), which was subordinate to SS-Oberabschnitt Südwest.

A-SS signals personnel were authorized to wear grey uniforms when on technical service. (See posts # 47 and 51 here: Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards? )

These are rare and nice photos; thanks for sharing!

?

Thanks for the comments so far - I remember seeing some pictures in an old Thread showing members of the Allgemeine SS wearing grey tunics but I did not know that the Allgemeine SS had training with weapons as well?

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    Thanks for the comments so far - I remember seeing some pictures in an old Thread showing members of the Allgemeine SS wearing grey tunics but I did not know that the Allgemeine SS had training with weapons as well?
    They did. For illustration, see these photographs of members of the 49th Standarte (I've posted them before):

SS Nachrichtenabteilung

SS Nachrichtenabteilung

?

Thanks HPL 2008 - great information! Yes this are the pics I had seen in the past but I missed to save them for my files and could not find them again - indeed they are armed as well.

The tunics with the first photographs do resemble in some ways
    the tunics as worn by the Reichskuratorium.
    Anyway they are look-a-likes and it is possible they came from
    their stocks.

These early grey "pull-over" jackets can also be seen in this thread (posts # 1, 13, 15 & 17):

Early LAH Headgear and tunics

?

Very nice and rare images of the Allgemeine SS in grey. Thank you for sharing them MM1985.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast