Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Oberscharführer and Runes tab set

Article about: Considering this pair. SS Oberscharführer rank tab + Runes. Nothing stands out to me but I appeal to fellow members for guidance. Thanks!

Default SS Oberscharführer and Runes tab set for review

Considering this pair. SS Oberscharführer rank tab + Runes. I appeal to fellow members for opinions. Thanks!

SS Oberscharführer and Runes tab setSS Oberscharführer and Runes tab set
    Last edited by seventyeighth; 09-03-2014 at 05:51 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Oberscharführer and Runes tab set
    P
    Many

Anyone have insight as to authenticity on these?

To me they look ok as far as i can tell but wait for the SS guys to comment

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    To me they look ok as far as i can tell but wait for the SS guys to comment

Nick
    Nick, I think it's time to consider yourself as an "SS guy"! You have quite the collection...
    SS collection update
    I can't seem to find the past thread, but an unissued pair of a near identical set also being of the rank Oberscharführer was shown not too long ago elsewhere. At first the set received raved reviews, but shorty after were dismissed by the majority as being copies(though no evidence was shown to prove this).
    I honestly don't know if they're real, nor do I think you'll find the answer you're looking for, at least not a definitive one as it has positive characteristics such as it's material and negative such as the size of the runes. If you ask politely, maybe FB will contact Mr. Delich for you who knows these things better than most. Otherwise I predict we'll see a bunch of one liners like "not for me" or "good set" from guessing minds such as myself.
    ----------
    I see the WAF is already posting their "gut instinct". Not that helpful in my opinion.

Searching through my vented archive of authentic runic tabs I came along this set. I think it's the same variant as the set shown by you but photographed in a different quality and light setting. Note the structure of the runes.
    Here it comes...."I like them"!
    SS Oberscharführer and Runes tab setSS Oberscharführer and Runes tab set

I like the runes.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I like the runes.

Appreciate your feedback gents! I received slightly closer photos from the seller. I worked them in Photoshop to bring in addl. detail. More thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Oberscharführer and Runes tab set   SS Oberscharführer and Runes tab set  

SS Oberscharführer and Runes tab set   SS Oberscharführer and Runes tab set  

Embroidery looks good to me, such as the images are...You'll want to examine the badge cloth and the wear to the alu wire in hand, of course.

They are original to me too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast