Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Obersturmführer collar tab - genuine?

Article about: I keep asking for your opinions, but you guys keep rescuing me from making costly rookie-mistakes, so here's another one: may I ask for your opinions regarding this Ostuf collar tab that's c

Default SS Obersturmführer collar tab - genuine?

I keep asking for your opinions, but you guys keep rescuing me from making costly rookie-mistakes, so here's another one: may I ask for your opinions regarding this Ostuf collar tab that's currently for sale at a reasonable prise?

Best regards and many thanks in advance.

//Staffan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Obersturmführer collar tab - genuine?   SS Obersturmführer collar tab - genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Obersturmführer collar tab - genuine?
    P
    Many

I couldn't honestly tell you whether it is real or fake, but in my experience, anything to do with the SS which is at a reasonable price is probably a fake.

Cheers,
    Steve

Steve: well, reasonable priced for being an SS-item I might add...

Those fixing pins on the back of the rank pips look a little short and thick, and the way they are bent over doesn't seem to conform to the way it is usually done. All the ones I have seen have longer and thinner pins which are usually bent outwards.

Thank you Steve. I see what you mean, but from the research I've made here, I have found some collar tabs with short, thick fixing pins that has been deemed authentic (like the ones on the pictures here).

SS officer collar tabs

//S
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Obersturmführer collar tab - genuine?  SS Obersturmführer collar tab - genuine? 

Hi Staffan,

As I said, my knowledge is limited on these, and I can only say what I have observed on other rank pips. Do not let anything I have said put you off these tabs, but you should wait for observations from the more knowledgeable on all things SS - who will eventually (hopefully) see these items - before you decide to purchase.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

+1 I think this is legit. The pips look good to me, including the prongs on the back. The fakes of the rank collar tabs are so darn well made. So let's see who else chimes in on this piece.

?

I believe this rank tab to be original...

Thanks a lot guys!

//S