Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS officer collar tab.

Article about: Hi there, I was looking at purchasing the following from Malcolm Wagner Militaria. I’m fully aware that when purchasing militaria, it is all about the item - even the most reputable dealer

Default SS officer collar tab.

Hi there,

I was looking at purchasing the following from Malcolm Wagner Militaria. I’m fully aware that when purchasing militaria, it is all about the item - even the most reputable dealers can slip up. Is this tab indeed genuine? I personally thought so, but a conversation with another collector has left me with my doubts.

Many thanks for any and all comments/opinions. Best wishes.
    -Scotty.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS officer collar tab.   SS officer collar tab.  

SS officer collar tab.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS officer collar tab.
    P
    Many

The collector who I spoke with sent me pictures of another tab for sale on this website which showed a rather questionable construction. So my doubts extend to the original post. I’d rather purchase from a dealer consistently selling authentic pieces. I mean no disrespect to the seller. I could be wrong - my experience is limited.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS officer collar tab.   SS officer collar tab.  

Just an observation, the runes don't seem right... a bit 'off', shapewise ?
    Regards
    Paul

You really should post them separately, it makes it easier to comment.
    The second set has unusual backing.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I thought it would provide more context to my original concern. But yes, I understand what you mean. The backing is certainly unusual on his second pair for sale, which makes me wonder how original either of them may be.

Sorry, my comment referred to the first tab, the top of the first rune looks to taper in slightly, could be the camera angle
    Paul

Hi there Paul, yes I noticed you were talking about the original post. These runic tabs can vary, the reliable way to determine authenticity is through construction. I thought the construction of this first tab looked authentic and typical. Hopefully others will voice opinions, but you are right that the shape is off - but unfortunately perfectly genuine pieces may have these ‘off’ characteristics.

first one i would not touch yet the backing is ok . the second seems fine as you see this backing on early tabs . but i am willing to hear if i am wrong on this . the dealer seems to have ok stuff from my quick look

?

Backing looks the same as what I have at home. Just missing the white thread on the back.

Yes, perhaps both are original examples (I am maybe overly cautious). Thank-you to panzer2 and Vocht for your opinions!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast