Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Officer Collar Tab for Review

Article about: Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some assistance on a collar tab that I have been offered. I will begin by stating that I am aware that the buckram reverse is not correct, however the bul

Default SS Officer Collar Tab for Review

Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get some assistance on a collar tab that I have been offered. I will begin by stating that I am aware that the buckram reverse is not correct, however the bullion work looks good to me. I really like the way the runes are embroidered, and where you can see an unterlagen underneath the embroidery. I am curious if it could possibly have been "rebuilt" at some point in its life with the buckram you see, or it could be an outright fake. Like I said before, the front IMO is beautiful, I'm just thrown off by the reverse. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officer Collar Tab for Review   SS Officer Collar Tab for Review  

SS Officer Collar Tab for Review   SS Officer Collar Tab for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officer Collar Tab for Review
    P
    Many

IMHO, Looks good to me.

Thanks for the comment Rich. Do you also feel that it was rebuilt at one point? I have never seen this type of buckram base on another tab that I can recall.

Can't say for sure but seeing the thinner buckram backing between the outer rune cover and the stiffer buckram IMHO says to me original.

I'm just thinking that the rune angles are 'out' & the symmetry a bit 'off' from examples generally posted ?
    Paul