Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Officer Sleeve Eagle

Article about: Got this sleeve eagle in a box of stuff I got in trade. At first I assumed it was a reproduction, but the reverse is very similar to some originals I have seen. If anyone can shed some light

Default SS Officer Sleeve Eagle

Got this sleeve eagle in a box of stuff I got in trade. At first I assumed it was a reproduction, but the reverse is very similar to some originals I have seen. If anyone can shed some light as far as originality is concerned, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers, Warbuff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officer Sleeve Eagle   SS Officer Sleeve Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officer Sleeve Eagle
    P
    Many

?

Wings and the head look funny. Not real IMO

My sense is that is a Sieder stinker, i.e. attributed to the Vienna firm Sieder, and one of many fakes seen in hundreds of places.

The Bando Shea book has many images of authentic Aermeladler.

We have discussed this kind of badge before. Do look for the relevant threads.

SS Officer Sleeve EagleSS Officer Sleeve EagleThe claws of the eagle are especially poorly done. The crooked cross is well done.

These fakes are common. Real items are quite rare.

I have cited this book three hundred times in the last three years.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Band...0D14E_RYxxM%3A

Notice how many of these images are to our site and our illustrations.....

SS Officer Sleeve EagleSS Officer Sleeve EagleSS Officer Sleeve EagleThe Bando Beaver book makes the Angolia book quite obsolete.

And I do not collect insignia, save this way....

There are currently 2996 users online. 89 members and 2907 guests

A word to these persons here: if we save you money via fetching you back from making a silly mistake, give something to this site.
    Further, if one of the stalwarts here helps you, and this person has invested decades and a large sum of treasure in the undertaking,
    kindly thank them. We are not robots, but men and women, with all the human frailties of vanity and self affect that attend thereto.
    Respect for the knowledge of others enables the newcomer better to rely on others in the collective effort.

give something to this site.
    Further, if one of the stalwarts here helps you, and this person has invested decades and a large sum of treasure in the undertaking,
    kindly thank them.

Thanks for your reminder. And many thanks to you and them.

It's easy to forget those we "owe".

?

By way of comparison from the Hannahs Reich and Jenkin's site. I will leave the judgment to the viewers.
    SS Officer Sleeve EagleSS Officer Sleeve EagleSS Officer Sleeve EagleSS Officer Sleeve Eagle

SS Officer Sleeve Eagle
    Last edited by jHAM; 10-24-2016 at 01:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast