MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Officers Collar Tab

Article about: Hi Guys, After studying these tabs, this past year, I acquired this tab. The symmetry I felt was right, the quality of the bullion thread, incredible, the black cloth is of the fine velvetee

Default SS Officers Collar Tab

Hi Guys,
    After studying these tabs, this past year, I acquired this tab. The symmetry I felt was right, the quality of the bullion thread, incredible, the black cloth is of the fine velveteen type & the buckram is the type usually encountered (with I think, maybe the remains of the gum of the RZM label ?). There is no glow from the UV, but the buckram does appear a bit lighter (a Bevo SS Tab I own exhibits the same colour under UV), workmanship is truly stunning in hand.
    Regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Collar Tab   SS Officers Collar Tab  

SS Officers Collar Tab   SS Officers Collar Tab  

SS Officers Collar Tab   SS Officers Collar Tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Collar Tab
    P
    Many

?

Very nice, I see one in my future !

A runic tab on velvet ?!
    Now for what rank would that be ?
    This material was only used for collar tabs of the rank of Oberführer upwards , as far as I know ..

Hi Winkelman, it's not exactly velvet, more 'velveteen/doeskin' like.
    Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Pauls1970; 11-12-2019 at 02:52 PM.

OK then , it just looked very " fluffy " in the pictures ..

?

Its looks like moleskin, which is not as common as regular wool, but just as nice!

Appealing tab

It's a one-looker original tab

It really is a beauty, I keep getting jealous whenever I look at it

Thank you for your comments guys & apologies for any misunderstanding with the description of the black cloth (moleskin not doeskin !). I've just looked at the tab closely again under 10x magnification, it's not fluffy (there are bits of fluff on it), but material is very smooth with the odd strand of cotton fibre sticking out. On the reverse side of the tab, part of this black cloth has 'come away' slightly from the buckram, I lifted this up slightly & the material has a 'diagonal line' weave pattern to it's reverse side. I feel very lucky to have gotten this tab & have not stopped looking at it this past few days, been dreaming of getting one of these for a long while !
    Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast