Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS open collar tunic?

Article about: Hello to all, this is my first post here, hopefully I can add something to the discussions. This weekend I acquired this tunic and am anxious to get some input on it. It definitely appears t

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    This tunic was bought by a collector friend of mine but there are some damaged areas but i think this jacket might be an authentic example. It was sold last year via a german auction. Sadly i was never able to examine it in Hand.Attachment 1030286Attachment 1030285Attachment 1030287
    Very nice. The piece I found in West Berlin looked exactly like this as concerns the damage, but, of course, it had no insignia. MM1985 always makes a fine
    contribution with excellent material.
    Thanks for including this fine object and all the best of the season to you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS open collar tunic?
    P
    Many

Quote by CBH View Post
    Trainboy , you should consider the fact that Friedrich B is the expert you seek , and Please & Thank you go along way on this Forum . Also even though your an SS uniform collector on a tight budget you might considering becoming a payed member of this fine forum . Just some thoughts , good luck in your collecting .
    Thank you, I am not really an expert in this item, since, at the moment, I own none. I do own the caps, though.
    In any case, I adhere to my point as concerns the imperative to associate one's self by conventional means with the personages who do know.
    This circle is quite small. I spend a great deal of time engaged in these exchanges.
    Or, conversely, one can ignore what we write. Who are we, after all?

- - ------- - -

You need a big, fat budget to collect high end SS uniforms.

Interesting thing about how I bought this tunic. I'm not an SS collector. I actually prefer to avoid SS because of the multitude of fakes. However I saw this tunic for sale at a low price so I bought it because I know it's hard to find tunics for cheap. Also I figured it was worth the risk. Thank you to everybody who has been helping me so far. It was mentioned that Mr. Coleman would know for sure. Is there anything specifically to highlight in the photos because I will be taking them today. Thanks.

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    This tunic was bought by a collector friend of mine but there are some damaged areas but i think this jacket might be an authentic example. It was sold last year via a german auction. Sadly i was never able to examine it in Hand.
    Fantastic tunic, thanks for sharing! What does that sleeve diamond stand for?

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Fantastic tunic, thanks for sharing! What does that sleeve diamond stand for?
    Administration. For details, have a look here:

Unusual Specialty Diamond---Police?

Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942

Bravo, Andreas.

SS open collar tunic?The item in use. Generally not found among collectors at any price.

SS open collar tunic?ditto

Photo Whammond.

THINKSMALLMISS
    ?

Hello Friedrich, What a fantastic place to be, thanks so much for your sea of knowledge here...which is greatly appreciated. Hoping to knock around the subject of the tunic that had viewed once in 8/2016 and written about several times here from different owners? and with some grave doubt of being authentic..The tunic was partly described by the owner(s)? who believed it was a M-1934 field model which had an open collar, without any belt setup, had rear glove pockets made of un dyed linen, as were the four front pockets, the lower pockets being slanted flap type associated with M-1934 black elite service tunic. the 2 upper pockets measured 12x12cm this does not include flaps which are scalloped. the old photos here picture the eagle had been sewn on zig zag with black thread. top of eagle was 15cm from the shoulder seam. have recently rec'd this tunic thru sale. was unaware of the patches being present until viewed on this site last week.. cannot comment on patches at present. they are not in my possession.. See they were condemned here. The tunic however, even in its extremely worn condition, reminds me of an allgemeine tunic owned by me and the high quality material constructed of, by who or wherever created it. the heavily damaged silk lined sleeves have pin striping like mini iron cross ribbon colors. there is an unusual first aid pocket, possibly a replacement pocket...as it is an unusual high quality artificial? silk, reminds me of green parachute material..the jacket hass been shortened, the buttons are rough and barely hanging on. some have green paint residue. thread appears to be a tan color. they are a variety of makers to include Assmann A&S, B&C, OC&L? ETC., the jacket is sewn together with a high quality silken light brown, almost gold color thread, excellent sewing under collar, and clearly the old collar tabs were sewn on with this matching silken thread...the lining is actually more of discolored by sweat was a brighter green color, in silken material also..the jacket wool is very rough now, worn away on many areas, and is old but high quality, as the damaged sleeve lining gives access to the reverse side of the wool, which is extremely nice old spun wool and very soft to the touch. .please excuse my long drawn out description, pictures are better I know..thanks again for the great help and please help if there is anymore to offer about the field M-1934 jacket tunic in general, if that is the correct name, im new here so go easy men.

Thanks for the above. Let say just two things in this question: the designation "M-1934" jacket was never used by the SS in connection with this garment, or, at least, with the item that appears at the head of this file. Secondly, whatever I can add on this account, I have already done so. Someone else here can generalize,
    since the description above may represent the honest effort of the poster, but such a welter of words and so forth bulks no basis to make an assessment of anything.
    At least, to my regret, this page of text does not give me anything to work with. Good luck with your collecting.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast