Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Panzer wrap. Real OR Fake

Article about: Honest opinions please!!!!! I’ve recently acquired this tunic described as original but have serious concerns about it’s authenticity!!! It does show signs that the collar patches, sleeve ea

Default SS Panzer wrap. Real OR Fake

[QUOTE[/QUOTE]Honest opinions please!!!!!
    I’ve recently acquired this tunic described as original but have serious concerns about it’s authenticity!!!
    It does show signs that the collar patches, sleeve eagle & cuff title were once attached, & in its favour there are many similarities with the samples in Scott Pritchett’s book volume 3. Your verdicts will be truly appreciated
    Many thanks willrichSS Panzer wrap.   Real OR FakeSS Panzer wrap.   Real OR FakeSS Panzer wrap.   Real OR FakeSS Panzer wrap.   Real OR FakeSS Panzer wrap.   Real OR FakeSS Panzer wrap.   Real OR FakeSS Panzer wrap.   Real OR FakeSS Panzer wrap.   Real OR FakeSS Panzer wrap.   Real OR FakeSS Panzer wrap.   Real OR Fake
    Last edited by Willrich; 05-21-2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: apologies for late photos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer wrap.   Real OR Fake
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum. You will need to post pictures of the items for others to help you.
    John

CBH
    ?

The Beaver book "Uniform of the Waffen-SS" (Not sure which volume) have a detailed section on SS-Panzer uniforms .

Welcome and I look forwards to some images.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by CBH View Post
    The Beaver book "Uniform of the Waffen-SS" (Not sure which volume) have a detailed section on SS-Panzer uniforms .
    Not too detailed IMO - the Pritchett book is a way better refernece on this subject

CBH
    ?

IMO - the Pritchett book is a way better refernece on this subject[/QUOTE]

I would think it would be a better reference as it it a book devoted to that subject (volume 4 is SS) but as I don't own this book I didn't dare comment on it. I can also add I'm sure the Beaver Book Vol. III has more on SS camouflage and SD uniforms as it covers multiply topics. Also VolIII is on sale on amazon for 60$ Can, at least here in Canada.

I've eventually managed to attach my images! Thanks for your patience!!!

Not an original

Fake wrap imo The lining is incorrect, the back of the collar as many lines of stitching, which is a bad sign. Mine is a late war one. But a original.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer wrap.   Real OR Fake   SS Panzer wrap.   Real OR Fake