Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Prinz Eugen 7. SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division Collar Tab

Article about: Hello! I found this collar tab a few years ago while rummaging through some unrelated insignia and since I'm not knowledgeable about SS items bar the usual things that also exist in the Wehr

Default SS Prinz Eugen 7. SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division Collar Tab

Hello!

I found this collar tab a few years ago while rummaging through some unrelated insignia and since I'm not knowledgeable about SS items bar the usual things that also exist in the Wehrmacht (Shared field gear, basic uniform types) I'd love to hear some opinions and get some informations on this particular collar tab. I don't really care if it's a fake or real, but more about what specific details would factor into your conclusion based on this item.

Here's some pics. I think the embroidery itself is done quite nice, the Odal rune is done in the fashion where one arm is stitched over the other, rather than the symmetric stitching I've seen as well. The buckram backing seems of the tight woven correct type but I'm unsure about the black fabric. Also, I don't even know if this existed but its not a right hand collar tab, but left hand and I've only seen those in repros before.

Would appreciate some input and I can take more pictures anytime.

cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Prinz Eugen 7. SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division Collar Tab
    P
    Many

Good thing that you already mentioned the reverse shape , but you may also notice that the thread is way too THICK for an original . Then , reverse overlap and buckram completely kills it , IMHO ..

?

I agree with Winkelman - this one is not original.