Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question

Article about: Does anyone have M. Beavers book on SS caps? If you have a copy is there any officers M43 illustrated in it where bullion insignia is used? If by chance that you might advise or have an imag

Default SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question

Does anyone have M. Beavers book on SS caps? If you have a copy is there any officers M43 illustrated in it where bullion insignia is used?

If by chance that you might advise or have an image of an SS officer with bullion insignia on their visor or M43 could you please share the image?

I am trying to understand if these when used were stacked one atop the other or used the traditional way on the M43 where they were split, one on the caps front and the other on the caps earflaps.

I've looked on the web but found nothing. Seen the book but at this stage of collecting am reluctant to buy another reference work. So I am asking here.

Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question
    P
    Many

Rich, I've got the Beaver/Bando book & Angola book, will get them out tomorrow mate !
    Paul

Thank you Paul.

BTW I have the Cloth Insignia of the SS by Angola, he illustrated the bullion SS Adler for the soft cap but it was just the SS Adler illustrated as a stand alone item with 3 or 4 examples.

There is no image of them being worn in the book as far as I can tell.

Since I'd been looking for some time for an actual M43 and/or visor using these I've come up with nothing. Even on dealers web pages over the years I think I'd only seen 1 M43 offered but unfortunately did not get image copy.

So this leads me to thinking this accessories insignia use was quite rare and perhaps only officers of rank of Standartenführer and above wore this combo on their head gear. With nothing being found it further leads to me to believe that perhaps this was limited to even higher ranking SS officers wore this.

Hi Rich,
    Here's all I could find in the books mate......
    Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question  SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question  SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question  SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question  SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question 

Sums up much of what I found. I am beginning to wonder if the soft head gear bullion SS insignia use is a myth. I see flat wire insignia used, but have yet to see an image of bullion insignia used.

Thanks for scanning & posting the images Paul. I know how much work that is.

CBH
    ?

Wehrmacht-Militaria recently sold a beautiful Officers M-43 with metal insignia, with the eagle mounted on the side, they also had a nice cloth eagle and skull set that recently sold.

Saw that.

I still do not understand why it is darn near impossible to find an image with the SS bullion insignia in use on soft head gear.

There are many images of SS Generals with the flat wire type insignia but no images of bullion type and we know many photos were taken through the 30's and 40's of SS Generals wearing M43's. Even images of SS officers with bullion Heer Adlers on their visors exist but yet no SS bullion Adlers.

I find it highly unusual that this is the case when I've seen so many SS soft head gear bullion Adlers being sold over the years.

I was looking at doing a M43 SS general officers restoration using bullion insignia but now am wondering if it is something to even try. By the time I'd be done doing it I'd have over 4K in a cap that would not have any historical back up of one or 2 similar being worn or even existing. Am I barking up the wrong tree considering a restoration?

It is puzzling to say the least.

Rich--We have long threads of M-43s/visors/overseas caps in wear in the Gold Members portion of the soft headgear forum.
    Dont have time to go thru them all, but I do know that there are some examples of bullion eagles being worn on soft headgear.

With regard to the TK's, they are usually cut-outs from the bullion SSTK collar tabs.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Rich--We have long threads of M-43s/visors/overseas caps in wear in the Gold Members portion of the soft headgear forum.
    Dont have time to go thru them all, but I do know that there are some examples of bullion eagles being worn on soft headgear.

With regard to the TK's, they are usually cut-outs from the bullion SSTK collar tabs.
    Stonemint, thank you. Here is one I found over at WAF that you posted sometime back, not certain when.

Regarding the TK's, I've acquired one that was from the Delich collection. I'd been trying to acquire one for some time but thankfully was able to win that in the HH auction. So I have the Adler as well and my thought was to find a soft cap without insignia and go from there to do a restoration.

I've let my membership here lapse but am planning on renewal in 2024. When that occurs I will take a look.

Addendum: Stonemint, I just checked the membership info, I see the Gold Members section but must ask, does access to that come with paid membership or is there another level that you have to pay at to gain access? Did not see the Gold Membership mention at the paid subscription sign up area. TIA for info.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question 

Rich, just one payment--no additional levels:

Want to See & Learn More? Join the WRF Gold Club!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast