Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS tab good or bad

Article about: Gentlemen I would appreciate your help with this tab. Hope the pictures are good enough. I´m always sceptical to these and the wrinkled paper on the back covering the buckram backing makes

Jan
    ?

Default SS tab good or bad

Gentlemen I would appreciate your help with this tab. Hope the pictures are good enough.

I´m always sceptical to these and the wrinkled paper on the back covering the buckram backing makes me suspicious. Please tell me if you can spot any other obvious red flags?

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS tab good or bad   SS tab good or bad  

Attached Images Attached Images SS tab good or bad 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS tab good or bad
    P
    Many

Jan,

I wish I could help you.. I posted one of mine yesterday that appears to have been a copy and after really studying them and looking at several variations I'm no closer to determining an original from a very good copy.. I have read though that in some cases the RZM tag which may be authentic is covering the back hiding the buckram so it makes it a little more difficult to determine authenticity without removing the tag to see the buckram, which is also not the only way obviously to determine its authenticity but one of the methods used to conceal a copy and to deceive the uninformed..

I hope that it is a good one for you and with that I will defer to more informed and more scholarly when it comes to SS insignia..

Best regards

Smitty

I have a question regarding such pieces - Would it be helpful to conduct a Burn-Test on one of the loose threads on the reverse?
    regards, Glenn

CBH
    ?

I'm not a fan and the RZM tag looks fake.

CBH
    ?

Here are mine, the RZM tag is much lighter in colour and this one was also a worn example.
    Also note the relation of the ruins, the bottom of the first angle lines up with the top of the next.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS tab good or bad   SS tab good or bad  

to be sure make some daylight pictures first