MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia

Article about: I finally buckled down and did some display work on my small SS insignia collection. I know there are many other collections out there that dwarf what I have and thats ok, only so many \\$ to

Default SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia

I finally buckled down and did some display work on my small SS insignia collection.

I know there are many other collections out there that dwarf what I have and thats ok, only so many $ to go around. Who knows the insignia collection might grow as my recent back fusion surgery has me in thought of not riding motorcycles again so my 1939 Harley might go up for sale in the near future. After having suffered with so much pain from back and surgery issues I think I have no more good falls left in me to ride any motorcycle again.

I had the insignia spread out in one of my display cabinet top shelf but you had to be on top of them to see any of them. Amazon has some pretty good acrylic display materials so instead of designing something for use I opted to purchase and use items available off the shelf.

I finally was able to obtain another mirror insignia item, the right facing Totenkopf collar tab. I know I've written before about stopping buying militaria but when this became available I realized I have the Oberbayern Totenkopf cuff title so it'd make for a complete bullion insignia set worn I believe 1939 through 1940 or 1941. I think some wore these later but it is hard finding image evidence of use. If anyone knows of instances, please advise.

All that's in want now is an left facing bullion EM/NCO Totenkopf collar tab or perhaps the earlier version tabs. That'd make a wonderful addition.

I see one dealer has the enlisted thread type available, left and right but the asking price is astronomical for it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia   SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia
    P
    Many

well. you out. dwarf me. the black officers cap. would cost me $20k. here to buy

Examples of Officer mirror SS TKV collar tabs in use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia   SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia  

Attached Images Attached Images SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia  SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia 

Quote by panzer2 View Post
    well. you out. dwarf me. the black officers cap. would cost me $20k. here to buy
    If it is any consolation, I bought back in the late 90's most of the items you see. Some even earlier but even then it was an arm and a leg.

Today if I had to do it all over again it would not be possible as Social Security provides little extra for my militaria desires.

That being said, I know how hard it is, but don't loose focus, save what you can to get what you want, trade up to get to those items you desire and stick with your plan. It can be done.

?

A remarkable collection and display Rich, thanks for posting
    Regards, Al

That is a beautiful display, sir!

Health comes first but it’s hard to give up a passion, like riding. If it’s any consolation, while your back heals, you may be able to add to your collection.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Impressive collection and well displayed
    -TJ-

?

Thank you for showing Rich! Great looking display.

A very nice collection, Rich! Since I'm not a big SS fan, I especially like Wagner's Gauleiter tunic with the Blood Order and the updated 1938 pattern Visor!

?

Spectacular collection Rich. I truly enjoy your wonderful eye candy. So professionally displayed as well. Thanks for sharing your amazing collection.

Tim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast