Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Totenkopf collar tab for officer

Article about: Hello guys, I need your opinion on this collar tab. From my limited knowledge about it I don't see anything wrong, but I need your opinions. The seller asks 650, is it worth if it's original

Default SS Totenkopf collar tab for officer

Hello guys, I need your opinion on this collar tab. From my limited knowledge about it I don't see anything wrong, but I need your opinions. The seller asks 650, is it worth if it's original? Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Totenkopf collar tab for officer   SS Totenkopf collar tab for officer  

SS Totenkopf collar tab for officer   SS Totenkopf collar tab for officer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Totenkopf collar tab for officer
    P
    Many

?

It would be well worth it if it was original, but sadly this one is not...

?

Lux Militaria is currently selling one for 2450 euro. These tabs are crazy expensive. My farmers' knowledge would say 650 is a bit on the low end.

?

I wouldnt buy that one. Have you compared your image to the amazing Delich collection that F-B and myself shared many years ago? The price alone should be a warning sign. There are no bargain basement retailers of SS TV insignia.
    One of my favorite SS TV images. Just for fun.

?

Where is the original poster? Usually when people ask favors they say thank you when helped.

This is an key example of why I didn't answer these threads in the past. Fake or real, fake or real.

Dos
    ?

At least we that are seen here more appreciate your input and share of knowledge jHAM. I hope that you keep on doing this since this subject is of interest to me.

Thank you

-Dos

Edit: Typo
    Last edited by Dos; 01-20-2021 at 11:57 AM.

OK, many thanks guys, I didn't see this collection of Totenkopf collar tabs, now it's in my database.
    So, I have something to say to j.HAM; It's been only 3 days between my post and my answer, I don't know about your problems, but I think you have to think about it. I always answer to the people who helps me to collect militaria stuff. I invite you to read all my started posts.

?

Quote by sepulhead View Post
    OK, many thanks guys, I didn't see this collection of Totenkopf collar tabs, now it's in my database.
    So, I have something to say to j.HAM; It's been only 3 days between my post and my answer, I don't know about your problems, but I think you have to think about it. I always answer to the people who helps me to collect militaria stuff. I invite you to read all my started posts.
    My problems are none of your concern. More often than not these fake or real threads are abandoned by the O. P. after receiving the help they asked for. Especially when given a negative response. You have returned to express gratitude to those who helped you, good on you. Maybe I was quick to comment on your thread.

Fake or real, fake or real, fake or real. What type of research was done before asking the question? Was the search function used? How many old threads were reviewed before asking? Was there a comparison to the many images previously posted? Were any books referred to? How about period documents or images were those reviewed?

To often this forum is treated like a free appraisal service.