Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS Totenkopf Ring 3 Skulls Uncommon - Authentic or Not?

Article about: Hi everyone, I'm a militaria collector from Vancouver, Canada. I'm interested in purchasing a WW2 era Nazi/SS ring but my research has shown there are an abundance of fakes circulating aroun

Default SS Totenkopf Ring 3 Skulls Uncommon - Authentic or Not?

Hi everyone,

I'm a militaria collector from Vancouver, Canada. I'm interested in purchasing a WW2 era Nazi/SS ring but my research has shown there are an abundance of fakes circulating around. I have found one seller who seems to be quite genuine who is selling an uncommon ring that I have not encountered anywhere else in my research. The design is of 3 skulls.

He tells me he bought all his rings from a collector 20 years ago who himself had been collecting since the 1960s. While I trust this gentleman, that does not prove authenticity as there were many fakes in Germany and Eastern Europe even in the 1960s so it's possible the collector wasn't collecting genuine rings.

Can any of the experts on this matter please chime in as to the history of this and authenticity? I'm aware of Himmler's honour rings (which could not be bought or sold) but it seems other SS rings could be sold in canteens and it is likely this one would have been one of those (assuming it's not a replica).

Clear pictures can be found on the seller's website:

WW2 German Nazi nice WAFFEN SS Totenkopf 3 skulls silver ring

Thank you very much in advance, appreciate any insight.

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Totenkopf Ring 3 Skulls Uncommon - Authentic or Not?
    P
    Many

?

David, that website is a travesty. Avoid anything he is selling, mostly fake items mixed in with a few common or mundane TR era items.

Also you will find that by providing the actual link instead of the photo's someone will invariably buy it from under you as it appears they already did. In this case i believe they did you a favor and saved you money.

Regards, Al

Please save the photos and upload them directly to your post. Links will become useless for future members hoping to use this thread for reference.
    The following thread explains how to upload photos to your post.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Aldo, thank you for the response. I had messaged the dealer asking him to put it on hold for me (as I was worried someone else might see my post and buy it instead) and he said he would but if chances are this is a fake or he is not trustworthy, then that settles that. In terms of the seller not being trustworthy, that's a shame as there seemed to be some neat items listed there that he is claiming is authentic.

In terms of authenticity, are there any reputable sources/website you could direct me too where I could find an authentic Third Reich era ring?

Thanks

- - ------- - -

Good point Ralph, will do, thanks!
    David

?

Stop the press David! Delete this website from your bookmarks and search history!

To my suprise this guy is not in jail yet. If there is ever a fraud it is this Canadian dealer with his shitty SS and KZ material.
    There are a few honest Canadian sellers around. Check out the Collectors Guild for example.

?

David, you could start looking at our forum sponsors, all trustworthy. As time continues you will discover more websites to add to your bookmarks. You will find most websites have a list of links of other dealers which they cross promote

War relics advised dealers
    Last edited by Aldo; 11-29-2023 at 01:41 PM.
    Regards, Al

?

I wasn't familiar with this dealer, I just had a look through the medals and awards section.
    There is an awful lot of crap listed there.
    The majority is fake that has been artificially aged or buried in a yard for a couple of months to age it. Probably the highest concentration of repros being sold as original that I have ever come across.
    Be well advised to stay away from the website and do not trust him.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I will not be going through with the purchase and glad I checked with reputable sources first. If anyone ever comes across genuine Third Reich rings, please keep me in mind and don't hesitate to send a PM.
    Cheers
    David