Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Tunic Markings - Legit or Fake?

Article about: Hello all, Let me start by saying that I do not own this tunic, or yet at least. Also worth noting, the outside of the tunic is really bad - or at least what's been done to it. I'm reluctant

Default SS Tunic Markings - Legit or Fake?

Hello all,

Let me start by saying that I do not own this tunic, or yet at least. Also worth noting, the outside of the tunic is really bad - or at least what's been done to it. I'm reluctant to post pictures of the insignia that have been applied to it, with its lack of regard for historical accuracy. The tunic appears to be a HBT tunic, belonging to the 14th SS division. However, some reproduction insignia has been added to it making it look terrible, and contradictory to its possible origin.

Anyways, if the tunic itself is legit, I'd be interested in buying it to have it professionally "corrected". I do have the means to acquire most of the original insignia that actually belonged to this jacket, if it's even real. I do think there are a couple things wrong with the markings, but I'll hold my judgements until someone who has much greater knowledge than me can take a look at it.

And yes, I'm totally aware the pictures are terrible quality. Well, here are the pcitures:

Attachment 1308189

Attachment 1308190

Attachment 1308191

Thank you all!

Tim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tunic Markings - Legit or Fake?
    P
    Many

Never saw SS marking like that. It looks more like a summer cotton material than actual HBT weave. I have never seen an SS HBT tunic. But my knowledge is limited in SS cloth. Tough to tell what you have here by just those few pics
    D.

I went the "extra mile"... I had nothing else to do tonight...post war non sense
    D.

Thank you for the response! I was thinking that too, but wanted to post here as well so I'd be sure to stay clear. Thanks again,

Tim