Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late

Article about: I am (somewhat) amazed at the # of minty SS tunics that have been popping up of late. These things were rare as the proverbial hen's teeth in the 70s & 80s, and now I see them appearing

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    This weeks new offering--yours for only $12,450.00
    Is that an aiguillette of some kind on the right-hand epaulette?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Fiore View Post
    Is that an aiguillette of some kind on the right-hand epaulette?
    You're right I think it's an adjutant aiguillette

...Something like this :

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...hland-face.jpg

Yes it is aiguillette, but collector added it to the tunic at some point. It is described on the seller site.
    -TJ-

At least this set is well-known and has provenance:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late   SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late  

SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late   SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    At least this set is well-known and has provenance:
    Stonemint, who is offering this for sale?

Hannah's Reich
    Paul

?

Looks like a very nice grouping. I'm sure it is way out of my price range but I'm glad I get to look at it.

Thanks for the post.

Tim

As one of the younger collectors on the forum, I can agree that with the way the economy is, and as Rich Moran stated, "one man's ceiling is another man's floor". I can't afford even half of the things I mainly focus on, which is SS and Tropical kit. The things I do have, that are my best items of course, are a fluke as far as owning them goes. As sad as it is to say, I enjoy vintage replica's of certain things I will never have the opportunity to collect, from the stand point of it just being interesting to look at.

Most of us here scrounge up what we can these days when a half decent anything comes along, mint tunics or helmets are literally a dream. The field grey SS tunic I do have looks like it was buried in a fox hole for 2 months and than set on fire, which it actually could of been. Anyways, my point being is that I feel the strain financially with collecting most third Reich kit. Every hobby costs money for the most part, but sometimes it's a very dull feeling when you know your collection CAN'T grow unless you win the lottery.

I absolutely love the look of SS tunics, they all have captured my attention in some way at some time leading me to study them individually. Knowing the older guys are passing things down gives me hope that maybe some day I can own a few little cherry items that we all look high and low for. Looks like I'm sticking to cloth insignia for the time being, but even cuff titles can be thousands! The fun continues! Take care everyone!

The sad things for me are that you can never be sure that items or groupings that are offered are genuine and not a fake and that even reputable dealers are caught with items that have been manipulated (I will phrase it carefully)... it is difficult to trust so the power of the swarm knowledge here is what I rely on most and what helps me to grow my collection and my own knowledge.
    But to own one SS tunic, yes, that is a dream for me too. But every time I see one that I like and could maybe afford, I step back with the nagging feeling it might be faked and I will throw my money down the drain. So I stick to what I know and collect NVA militaria.

SS-Obergruppenführer and General der Waffen-SS greatcoat
    €27500,00
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late   SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast