Article about: Save your money...

Default Re: SS uniform help junk or Gem

Save your money...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS uniform help junk or Gem
    P
    Many

SS uniform help junk or GemAt the time when Bob Hritz was active here, he included these examples of an authentic cuff title from his fine collection.

SS uniform help junk or GemSS uniform help junk or GemSS uniform help junk or GemSS uniform help junk or GemSS uniform help junk or GemHere is a late war Waffen SS uniform.

The cotton uniform material was used as early as the 1920s, but this item (above at the start of things...) is of very recent make. This ensemble was recently found by a young man in Nebraska, USA.

It is not mine.

The letters look more even and the edges are more refined. In need of words.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

SS uniform help junk or Gem
    Quote by Stinschen View Post
    The letters look more even and the edges are more refined. In need of words.
    This species of cuff title is the woven type of the last gasp of the III. Reich. I do not collect these items, just those of the era up til about 1940, but Hritz has a very fine collection.

Others here collect Waffen SS uniform, whereas I collect those of the predecessor organization.

I always avoided grey uniforms because of the many pitfalls associated with same.

Today there exist fine fakes, which the enclosure here is not. It is some military uniform decorated with sub optimal SS insignia for some purpose.

Real Waffen SS material is staggering in cost and held in a small circle, with some exceptions, as in the RFSS piece I enclosed here.

Did Bob H ever post photos here? Have bever seen those before.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Did Bob H ever post photos here? Have bever seen those before.
    Bob Hritz was very active, but decamped to other climes or not.....at least he seldom posts here. To each his own, surely.
    He included a lot of very fine material in several of the 2008 and 2009 threads, and he then later has moved on. Such a thing is the norm, I guess.

It is sad, as he has a very fine collection and was willing to share it with others.

yes, for sure pass

Our Bob Coleman is very expert in this material, while I adhere to the epoch of 1932-194o or so.....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

Bob Hritz was very active, but decamped to other climes or not.....at least he seldom posts here. To each his own, surely.
    He included a lot of very fine material in several of the 2008 and 2009 threads, and he then later has moved on. Such a thing is the norm, I guess.

It is sad, as he has a very fine collection and was willing to share it with others.
    Bob has been been involved in the remodeling of a space in his home town to house a new business. He had hoped to open by August, 2012, but ran in to many road blocks due to bureaucratic incompetance. It finally got to the point that he had to starrt legal action to get the municipality to enforce it's own laws. This finally got him a positive situation. If all goes as planned, he should be opening this month and will then be able to devote some personal time to our Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast